If we go 8-4?

lionfoorest

If we go 8-4 how upset/happy will the fan base be? I think that 8-4 will be a pretty solid season! I would be real happy with that. Just curious what everybody wants/expects.

Reactions: 9 people
Ik there is a million threads about this but I didn't really want a prediction thread just curious about the 8-4 everybody is predicting. But Yea I think that would be a great year and if we get more than even better!

Reactions: 1 person
Only if one of those 8 wins is Florida. Seriously. I'm honestly buying into the hype and hoping for 9-3 or 10-2

Reactions: 12 people
I'd be happy with 8-4. I think the pre-season hype is already getting out of hand. We still have depth issues at QB, RB, and O-line. Our schedule is, as always, brutal.

ESPN is acting like we should cruise through Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas. That's pretty insane if you ask me. I think we'd be doing pretty good to go 3-1 or even 2-2 through that stretch. Georgia is loaded with talent. Florida is being underrated by the media. Arkansas might be a bad match-up for us.

If we go 8-4, I'd be pretty happy and if we go 9-3 or 10-2, I'd be delighted. If we win the SEC East, I'm going to look at is as a "positive surprise" rather than "failing to meet expectations."

Reactions: 30 people
While I "think" we hit double digit wins this year. 8-4 would still make me happy by showing marked improvement which is the ONLY thing any sane fan can expect.

So only 1 more win than 2014? I would consider 8-4 an underachievement. We were very close to winnng 10 in 2914. 9-10 wins this year should be the expectation.

Reactions: 2 people
So only 1 more win than 2014? I would consider 8-4 an underachievement. We were very close to winnng 10 in 2914. 9-10 wins this year should be the expectation.

Delusion at its finest. We also were very close to only winning 5.

With that said, 8-4 is attainable IF there are no injuries,at places we can't afford to have them (like QB). And, if this team has success early and builds some momentum, it could be a surprisingly good season and better than 8-4.

But, it is still going to be a young team needing key contributions from true freshmen, which is never ideal. This will be a fun season to watch, so rather than throwing out arbitrary benchmarks, I will enjoy watching it unfold. Regardless of what happens, I firmly believe Butch has us heading in the right direction.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd be happy with 8-4. I think the pre-season hype is already getting out of hand. We still have depth issues at QB, RB, and O-line. Our schedule is, as always, brutal.

ESPN is acting like we should cruise through Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas. That's pretty insane if you ask me. I think we'd be doing pretty good to go 3-1 or even 2-2 through that stretch. Georgia is loaded with talent. Florida is being underrated by the media. Arkansas might be a bad match-up for us.

If we go 8-4, I'd be pretty happy and if we go 9-3 or 10-2, I'd be delighted. If we win the SEC East, I'm going to look at is as a "positive surprise" rather than "failing to meet expectations."

Way too much hype right now. 8-4 is realistic and par for us.

Our O line was one of the worst in the country. Can't win big SEC games with crappy line play

Reactions: 1 person
Id be happy with 8-4 but I look for more, like 10-2. I think our d-line is going be very good against teams that like to run.

He can go 6-6 again IMO as long as he beats UF. I wouldn't be happy but he would be fine as long as he beats the Gators. This team should get to at least 7-5 and has a chance to get to 9 wins.

8-4 has been my prediction since after NSD when we knew for certain which kids would be here as true freshmen.

Still way too may questions on the O for me at this point.

I expect 2 more regular season Wins this year simply because our D line rotation should now become a total BEAST with lots more QB hurries and sacks and INT's.

Anything over the 8 Win mark is gravy.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

8-4 is steady progress, another brick. Means we haven't yet seen the 'breakout' success everyone (coaches, players, fans) are secretly hoping will come sooner rather than later. But progress nonetheless.

I'm good with 8-4.

I am of the unpopular opinion that 7-5 is very likely, with a 2-5 start (we win the last 5).

I think the o line will be quite shaky and we have a new OC/QB coach to acclimate to.

I think we'll be lights out in 2016

I would have been fine with it before all of the talk of 10-2! Now I expect the unexpected!

VN Store

Back