The 2015 ESPN "Ultimate 300"

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
ESPN pulled together an "Ultimate 300" list of most impactful players of the past X years that is supposed to meld recruit Top 300 rankings and subsequent on-field performance in college. Really a meaningless, fluff-piece, off-season exercise in Why Can't It Be Football Time Yet??? ... but fun to look at anyway. I mean, it's freaking February, right? Not many games to watch.

What's cool is this: four Vols made the Ultimate 300 list:

#3 Eric Berry (yeah!)
#153 AJ Johnson
#230 Derek Barnett
#263 Justin Hunter

So how do they figure that? No freaking clue, lol. Still, nice to see some Vols getting recognition for their on-field performances. And really awesome to see Eric Berry right up there at the top.

Here's the link: 2015 Ultimate ESPN 300 Rankings - ESPN

Even though he was only a one year guy, Cordarrelle Patterson should be on that list.

With how well Barnett played as a freshman I am surprised he is not higher. There are a bunch of names on that list higher then him I wouldn't trade him for with money thrown on top. JMHO

I seriously can not wait to see what our new DL does this next year. I will be disapointed if they are not rated at least top 5 to 10 in the nation at the end of the year.

With how well Barnett played as a freshman I am surprised he is not higher. There are a bunch of names on that list higher then him I wouldn't trade him for with money thrown on top. JMHO

I seriously can not wait to see what our new DL does this next year. I will be disapointed if they are not rated at least top 5 to 10 in the nation at the end of the year.

I agree. I think its gonna be hard to score on our defense once they get synced.

Barnett barely made it but Myles Garrett is top 25? I would love to know this algorithm. Is it some Oakland moneyball shenanigans? Just don't know how they came to this conclusion.

Last edited:
Heh, sorry, never saw the other one. Looked down the first page of threads before posting, didn't catch it.

Don't apologize, OP. This is America. Eff that guy. You wanna make a thread about something- you do it.

20130823_055542_bald-eagle-crash_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back