Here's what IS going to happen and why...

Titan&Volfan4life

Flame away after reading this, as I expect many will, but here's my prediction against floriDUHHH and why.

We damn sure ARE going to drain the swamp, come out with the WIN and get that giant 10 year monkey off our backs!

Here's my logic for calling this a WIN this year...

1...Early in the season so we, hopefully, won't have any serious injuries.

2...Mindset and culture is totally different because buTch has been recruiting lots of players off winning teams that know how to Win, hate losing and knew from the onset that lots of hard work is what makes winning players and teams.

3...Our new D line rotation will be very stout and they can get more rest during the game plus we're going to put lots more pressure on the QB and get more sacks.

4...buTch and his staff know how important it is to our fans to get this monkey off our backs so you can bet that he and his staff have been working on this game since the offseason began so we will be prepared.

5...buTch knows that we haven't been good on the road and he's going to put extra work into making certain that every player on the roster knows exactly what is to be done and how it's to be done and that road games are just as important as getting Wins at Neyland are.

6...New coaching staff at floriDUHHH and their players will still be learning their new systems.

buTch is very detail oriented so he'll make certain that every T is crossed and every i is dotted.

floriDUHHH is his only chance this year to accomplish 2 very important things...Get that 10 year monkey off our backs and to prove our Vols can Win a very big game on the road.

Tennessee...27
floriDUHHH...17

I predicted 6 regular seasons Wins last year and back in a bowl again, finally.

Next season I'm predicting 8 regular season Wins and the 2 extra Wins come from our new BEAST D line rotation.

We might get more Wins next season and I sure hope we do but to do that our O line has to improve a lot, Dobbs passing has to improve, especially on long passes, to open up our running game and short passing game, we must stay healthy and our great Sophs must avoid the traditional Soph slump that hits many teams in the players soph year.

Nothing is going to be better early next season than going into the nasty swamp and coming out with a Big Orange WIN!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 17 people
Butch prepares the team equally for every game. Fans are the ones that assign more importance to one game over another.

I'm assuming you don't think South Carolina was a big road win last year.

Reactions: 8 people
I am as excited about our team this year as I've been in many years. I believe Coach Jones is doing great things . . . But when it comes to Florida, I have to take a "I'll believe it when I see it" position. Only the players on that field will decide to change the pattern of pathetic failure that has been the hallmark of Tennessee's performance against UF. This has been the case (with only a few exceptions) since the 1990s. Last season really hurt because it was the worst Gator team in probably 25 years to come to Knoxville - and we still managed to lose.

I'm hopeful that this is the year, but I am not willing to predict anything at this point. The players will eventually decide to change this pathetic pattern - let's hope that they do so THIS season. Like everyone else, I'm sick of 10 years of losing to these guys.

Reactions: 5 people
OP driving "The BIG ORANGE TRAIN"...

14f96c00657442fea140afe96e8b5708.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
OP, in regards to your #4 point....you don't think Butch looked at the Checker Neyland and determined that it was a big game? And they couldn't get it done against the worst UF performance since the 70's.

OP, in regards to your #4 point....you don't think Butch looked at the Checker Neyland and determined that it was a big game? And they couldn't get it done against the worst UF performance since the 70's.

That's exactly right my friend.

We were also playing a lot of true freshmen that were fresh out of high school.

Now those talented kids will have a full year of extra strength, nutrition and coaching to get better.

They won't be slower from guessing on some plays what they need to do because they'll know it and mamy times that extra second or 2 faster will make a difference.

By gameday they will have had a full year to let that loss keep them pissed off and you can bet our kids are ready for revenge on a lousy 1 point loss last year.

Nothing will make our kids happier then to exact their revenge on their turf and drain their swamp for a huge Tennessee WIN.

I totally understand why everyone will doubt until they see it on the field, and I felt the same way, but be in the swamp if you can because THIS year our Tennessee footVol team will leave the swamp with a huge WIN!

Hmm I echo others in that I love the optimism. However, let's discuss a few things:
1) if butch knows how important it is "to get the monkey off our backs," why didn't he do it last year in our own checkered house against an abysmal FL team?
2) if winning in the SEC, or any sport for that matter, were as simple as putting in "extra work" then why didnt butch do it for every game last year and go undefeated?
3) I pray our D-line is as stout as you say it will be but I see our D-line as decent/serviceable with potential to be great. However, our depth there relies on several freshman who haven't even seen an SEC snap yet.
4) to piggy back off that, why not strengthen your argument, by explaining why/how our weaknesses will be addressed to overcome the problems that caused us to lose to FL last year? I still see a piecemeal OL that mizzou's front four had a field day against which in turn stymied our offense. Florida is known for their D and d-line, so how will we stop them?

I'd also argue that every SEC team is full of recruits from high school programs with a winning culture or that "know how to win". Just not a measurable reason there although I guess no statistic matters when it comes to FL, we also find a way to let it slip away. I started losing optimism on this game back when hunter tore his ACL against them

Butch prepares the team equally for every game. Fans are the ones that assign more importance to one game over another.

They may prepare for games equally but they absolutely assign more importance to some games over others. Otherwise the term "trap game" wouldn't exist.

Hmm I echo others in that I love the optimism. However, let's discuss a few things:
1) if butch knows how important it is "to get the monkey off our backs," why didn't he do it last year in our own checkered house against an abysmal FL team?
2) if winning in the SEC, or any sport for that matter, were as simple as putting in "extra work" then why didnt butch do it for every game last year and go undefeated?
3) I pray our D-line is as stout as you say it will be but I see our D-line as decent/serviceable with potential to be great. However, our depth there relies on several freshman who haven't even seen an SEC snap yet.
4) to piggy back off that, why not strengthen your argument, by explaining why/how our weaknesses will be addressed to overcome the problems that caused us to lose to FL last year? I still see a piecemeal OL that mizzou's front four had a field day against which in turn stymied our offense. Florida is known for their D and d-line, so how will we stop them?

Good points my friend so I'll try to address them.

1...Last year we replaced both the O and D lines and we were playing lots of true freshmen right out of high school so now those kids are more knowledgable and stronger and really pissed off by that 1 point loss.

2...Is really a silly question my friend and again, too many true freshmen, too early in the season and we DID improve as the season went along which is why 23 true freshmen did play last year and some were starters.

3...Our D line last year was pretty good BUT, in most camps, our incoming true freshmen on our D line were dominating the other top recruits from around the country.

We now have 2 new DT's to tell stuff the run and push the pocket into the QB's face and they'll learn that real fast and more DE's that know how to put on a serious pass rush so I have no doubt that our D line will have a huge improvement this season.

4...Some here seem to expect a big improvement on our O line this year, I don't.

Our O has our biggest questions to be answered such as...

1...How much better will our O line become?

2...Will Hurds hurt shoulder hold up all season?

3...Can AK carry lots of the load if Hurds shoulder gets hurt again?

4...Will our great WR's stay healthy this season instead of lots of inuries like last season?

This thread is specifically about floriDUHHH which is a early season game so I'm hoping we don't have lots of injuries this early in the season and I'll be surprised if we do.

Later in the season would be when you expect to have more injuries but anything can happen.

Hurds injured hurt the game plan. No doubt we should have won that game!

Reactions: 1 person
Flame away after reading this, as I expect many will, but here's my prediction against floriDUHHH and why.

We damn sure ARE going to drain the swamp, come out with the WIN and get that giant 10 year monkey off our backs!

2...Mindset and culture is totally different because buTch has been recruiting lots of players off winning teams that know how to Win, hate losing and knew from the onset that lots of hard work is what makes winning players and teams.

3...Our new D line rotation will be very stout and they can get more rest during the game plus we're going to put lots more pressure on the QB and get more sacks.

4...buTch and his staff know how important it is to our fans to get this monkey off our backs so you can bet that he and his staff have been working on this game since the offseason began so we will be prepared.

5...buTch knows that we haven't been good on the road and he's going to put extra work into making certain that every player on the roster knows exactly what is to be done and how it's to be done and that road games are just as important as getting Wins at Neyland are.

6...New coaching staff at floriDUHHH and their players will still be learning their new systems.

buTch is very detail oriented so he'll make certain that every T is crossed and every i is dotted.

floriDUHHH is his only chance this year to accomplish 2 very important things...Get that 10 year monkey off our backs and to prove our Vols can Win a very big game on the road.

Tennessee...27
floriDUHHH...17

Next season I'm predicting 8 regular season Wins and the 2 extra Wins come from our new BEAST D line rotation.

We might get more Wins next season and I sure hope we do but to do that our O line has to improve a lot, Dobbs passing has to improve, especially on long passes, to open up our running game and short passing game, we must stay healthy and our great Sophs must avoid the traditional Soph slump that hits many teams in the players soph year.

Nothing is going to be better early next season than going into the nasty swamp and coming out with a Big Orange WIN!

I honestly do appreciate the optimism, and if this thread was one arguing about how we break the losing streak vs Missouri or Georgia and yes, even Bama, I'd probably have given you an attaboy and a like for the effort and faith as a Vol fan. But it's not about those teams.....it's about Florida....Tennessee doesn't beat Florida....Florida doesn't lose to Tennessee....period.

I honestly do appreciate the optimism, and if this thread was one arguing about how we break the losing streak vs Missouri or Georgia and yes, even Bama, I'd probably have given you an attaboy and a like for the effort and faith as a Vol fan. But it's not about those teams.....it's about Florida....Tennessee doesn't beat Florida....Florida doesn't lose to Tennessee....period.

WOW, Thanks for the education my friend.

I never knew that Tennessee has lost every game to floriDUHHH, LOL!

I'm old and forgetful but I thought I watched a hurricane hit Florida that delayed our playing them in the swamp until the last game of the regular season, Hmmmmm.

I thought that both teams scored over 30 points but that Tennessee WON that game and WON the SEC East Championship to move on to the SEC Championship game the next week in Atlanta.

If I remember correctly we played LSU for that SEC Championship and lost.

Wasn't that the game that LSU had a great big, huge QB that went on to be the 1st round pick of the Oakland Faiders that year?

Didn't our Vols knock that big LSU QB clean out of the game and some backup QB named mauck come in to steal our Win away?

I don't want to forget that huge WIN over floriDUHHH in their swamp but I sure wish I could forget that huge loss to LSU that knocked us out of the National Championship game my friend.

I agree that our success against floriDUHHH has been too few but this year we'll get the WIN in their swamp just like that end of the season WIN we got far to many years ago.

There's several logical reasons why we WIN in the swamp this year my friend.

Believe it and enjoy watching that game buddy.

Our boys will...

RISE to the TOP in the swamp!

WOOOO HOOOO...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Tennessee...27
floriDUHHH...17

Nice, but your not being very objective, the Gators have talent too, and they own a 10 game win streak against the Vols, not to mention we play them in the Swamp. It won't be an easy victory for UT. UT will have to establish the run, and not turn the ball over. On defense it's stop the run, and force turnovers. The biggest advantage that UT has is that UF will be learning new schemes on both sides of the ball; hopefully, they can exploit that for a win.

WOW, Thanks for the education my friend.

I never knew that Tennessee has lost every game to floriDUHHH, LOL!

I'm old and forgetful but I thought I watched a hurricane hit Florida that delayed our playing them in the swamp until the last game of the regular season, Hmmmmm.

I thought that both teams scored over 30 points but that Tennessee WON that game and WON the SEC East Championship to move on to the SEC Championship game the next week in Atlanta.

If I remember correctly we played LSU for that SEC Championship and lost.

Wasn't that the game that LSU had a great big, huge QB that went on to be the 1st round pick of the Oakland Faiders that year?

Didn't our Vols knock that big LSU QB clean out of the game and some backup QB named mauck come in to steal our Win away?

I don't want to forget that huge WIN over floriDUHHH in their swamp but I sure wish I could forget that huge loss to LSU that knocked us out of the National Championship game my friend.

I agree that our success against floriDUHHH has been too few but this year we'll get the WIN in their swamp just like that end of the season WIN we got far to many years ago.

There's several logical reasons why we WIN in the swamp this year my friend.

Believe it and enjoy watching that game buddy.

Our boys will...

RISE to the TOP in the swamp!

WOOOO HOOOO...GBO!!!
I think you're getting very confused. The only florida game that was postponed til december was in 01 because of 9/11 and not a hurricane. The LSU QB that was knocked out that game was Davey and not Russell, who wasnt even on the team yet.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back