Volapalooza - Friday Before O&W Game

dhb92

Hey y'all for anyone who's interested and will be in town the weekend of the O&W game, the 2015 Volapalooza will be that Friday. It's free for opted-in students and $35 for GA/non opted-in students. Gates open at 5 and music starts at like 5:45! You can get tickets starting in March at Knoxvilletickets.com
11009791_853969571312707_921199860_o.jpg

Here is a spotify with some of their music if you haven't heard them. https://play.spotify.com/user/1211541642/playlist/57XJeTwdKVCIbTcggZBUUa

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Lupe just released a solid album and The Cold War Kids are veterans that still sound good. I'm sorry they won't have Nickelback playing

Reactions: 8 people
Lupe just released a solid album and The Cold War Kids are veterans that still sound good. I'm sorry they won't have Nickelback playing

No one except a true Lupe fan would think that album is "solid". And I'd rather have Nickelback than Cold War Kids. Don't even know who they are. At least I could make fun of Nickelback.

Vanderbilt literally got Kendrick and Wale last year...:eek:hmy:

Man someone is really butt-hurt. And they "literally" got 2-chainz and Steve Aoki… Vandy is also a heavily funded private school that still charges $30-40 for students and $50-60 for non students whereas Volapalooza is a minimally funded event and is FREE for students and $35 for non students. But as we know all to well on this board people will find stuff to complain about.

Because having a discount for alumni would be just silly...

This present admin at UT are a group of Shylocks...

Last edited:
this places us in our age categories..Me, I saw Harry Connick 2 weeks ago.. there ya go.

Because having a discount for alumni would be just silly...

This present admin at UT are a group of Shylocks...

372 granted the 3 groups mean absolutely nothing to an old guy like me, but seriously a discount. Heck the tickets are only $35 a piece, you are out of college and have a job. They are not that expensive as a date goes or just for yourself. I seriously doubt the administration has anything to do with pricing for the concert either. It is all based on cost I would imagine.

372 granted the 3 groups mean absolutely nothing to an old guy like me, but seriously a discount. Heck the tickets are only $35 a piece, you are out of college and have a job. They are not that expensive as a date goes or just for yourself. I seriously doubt the administration has anything to do with pricing for the concert either. It is all based on cost I would imagine.

Perhaps I'm being a bit curmudgeonly, but it's rooted in a number of things. Most of which is the drop in the bucket that the school pays to get access to a number of useful academic and search databases, which they immediately pull from you the second you graduate (and they usually mean much more to a professional than the undergrad who is just looking for a citation to drop at the end of his paper).

/rant

It's a pretty good line-up and nice they're setting up Volapalooza and a number of other on-campus events to tie in with the O&W game.

Man someone is really butt-hurt. And they "literally" got 2-chainz and Steve Aoki… Vandy is also a heavily funded private school that still charges $30-40 for students and $50-60 for non students whereas Volapalooza is a minimally funded event and is FREE for students and $35 for non students. But as we know all to well on this board people will find stuff to complain about.

Yeah see that would be tight. And dude don't act like they don't have the money for better artists. Yes I'm butthurt. I pay 30k a year to attend the school and I get people worse than Tyga since my freshman year. Meanwhile Vanderbilt of all people gets way better artists.

F it, I'm transferring. Go Dores

Last edited:
Yeah see that would be tight. And dude don't act like they don't have the money for better artists. Yes I'm butthurt. I pay 30k a year to attend the school and I get people worse than Tyga since my freshman year. Meanwhile Vanderbilt of all people gets way better artists.

See ya Knoxville in November then, ya bishh, ya bishhh

Never heard of any of those bands. When I was at UT we used to bring in the good show bands like Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts, the Tams, Charlie Daniels,Otis Day and the Knights, The Impressions...you know good groups.

What will it take for UT to get Riff Raff on the bill?

VN Store

Back