What Were the VolNation Way-Too-Early Predictions Last February?

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
This month, most folks are saying anything between 8-4 and 10-2. There are a few outliers who are predicting 7-6 or 11-1, but the vast majority are in that 8 to 10 win range.

So what did VolNation look like a year ago, back in Feb 14? What were most of the predictions like?

Just wondering, as a guy who wasn't here a year ago. Was it all gloom and doom back then, or sunshine and rainbows, or ... did the VN crowd kind of get 7-6 right?

Thanks for satisfying curiosity on this. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I said 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 at best. 9 and 3 this year and win the East with the East being weak, and with our young team will have grown up by the SEC Championship game and we beat Bama 27-23 the second go around and shock the WORLD and beat a good team in the BOWL and finish 11 and 3 and rated number 7 in the final poll.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
This month, most folks are saying anything between 8-4 and 10-2. There are a few outliers who are predicting 7-6 or 11-1, but the vast majority are in that 8 to 10 win range.

So what did VolNation look like a year ago, back in Feb 14? What were most of the predictions like?

Just wondering, as a guy who wasn't here a year ago. Was it all gloom and doom back then, or sunshine and rainbows, or ... did the VN crowd kind of get 7-6 right?

Thanks for satisfying curiosity on this.
:hi:

Many fans that looked at the skill positions, didn't realize just how important the Offensive line play would be every week, & forgot that we had very little experience.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably 50% were calling 5 wins. Maybe 20% more were calling for 8 wins (me included). The remainder were spread out all over the place.

Probably 50% were calling 5 wins. Maybe 20% more were calling for 8 wins (me included). The remainder were spread out all over the place.

Well it's good you can admit you are an idiot. I say 8 wins is the basic expectation. 9 would be great and 10 gets some serious long term extensions handed out .

Well it's good you can admit you are an idiot. I say 8 wins is the basic expectation. 9 would be great and 10 gets some serious long term extensions handed out .

Not sure a prediction of 8 would make him an idiot. They did win 7 and several games could have went UTs way late. Probably should have been at least 8 if being honest.

I was teetering between 6-6 and 7-5 because of the UF curse. The same is happening this year with 8-4 and 9-3....hope we can break it!

Believe I was 6-6 hoped for better and get to a bowl game and end with a winning record. Pretty much what I expected last year. Just hope with more depth this yr injuries do not hurt us so bad. Dobbs is a killer if he gets hurt.

I predicted 5-7 and was surprised, I'd take 8-4 for 2015 regular season and with a bowl win a very respectable 9-4 season.....barring injury to 1 or 2 key players..... and yes, you know which players

VN Store

Back