Memphis Players

Cletus P Fulmer

In my time following Vol football these are the only ones I remember making any kind of serious contribution. If there are more list them.

Brian Ingram
Carlton Peeples
Cedrick Wilson
Jeff Moore
Vince Moore
Eric Still-Germantown

The brothers that were tight ends. I believe Cottam were their last names. The oldest played for the K.C. Chiefs for a couple of years. They are from the suburbs of Memphis. shelby county.

Reactions: 4 people
One search has Marlon Walls as Memphis...so I posted his name, then saw him cited as Olive Branch Miss, edited him out, went back to check and he is listed as Memphis on several sites. Anyone know for sure? Now I'm curious:)

First edit: Oops, Bad google search:blink: wrong player

Last edited:
Memphis area is a fertile recruiting ground and our complacency has lost a number of great players to the bamers and ole miss. Flipping Drew Richmond shows Butch & Co are working toward establishing relationships with area HS coaches, witch is the only way to stop the poaching. We as fans can do our part by not dissing Memphis at every opportunity, it is after all these kid's hometown. Memphis is the home of Elvis, the blues , and killer bar-be- que.

Reactions: 5 people
What's the point of this post?

Does everyting have to have a "point" with you? I mean are you trying to dig into something or do you think it has some sort of "hidden" agenda? My post was to ask how many Memphis players have made any kind of significant contribution on the field in the SEC for UT or the NFL...I mean geez what is your point? Oh and I left off Mark Studaway...he was a teammate of Carlton Peeple's at old Memphis South Side HS. Started for the Vols in the late 70's early 80's...played a few years in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Memphis area is a fertile recruiting ground and our complacency has lost a number of great players to the bamers and ole miss. Flipping Drew Richmond shows Butch & Co are working toward establishing relationships with area HS coaches, witch is the only way to stop the poaching. We as fans can do our part by not dissing Memphis at every opportunity, it is after all these kid's hometown. Memphis is the home of Elvis, the blues , and killer bar-be- que.
We don't impact it at all. I lived there for two years...worst city I have ever lived in and I move on average every two years

Reactions: 1 person
One search has Marlon Walls as Memphis...so I posted his name, then saw him cited as Olive Branch Miss, edited him out, went back to check and he is listed as Memphis on several sites. Anyone know for sure? Now I'm curious:)

First edit: Oops, Bad google search:blink: wrong player

Marlon Walls played at Wooddale in Memphis until Olive Branch recruited him..

Reactions: 2 people
Most people say we have to lock down Memphis. For what? Most (not all) are overrated and we are 350 + miles away. We will never completely lock down Memphis and thats okay.

Reactions: 1 person
Cletus, do you want University of Tennessee not recruit Memphis? Alabama comes here, Ole Miss, Arkansas, LSU, Miss St., Kentucky almost all the SEC recruits here. Just asking a quiestion

Most people say we have to lock down Memphis. For what? Most (not all) are overrated and we are 350 + miles away. We will never completely lock down Memphis and thats okay.

The city school kids are going to Memphis or Ole Miss...we need to "lockdown" the kids in the county and the private school kids. Glad we got Richmond...he will help this program...but we aren't going to strike gold down there...maybe just a nugget or 2 here and there.

The city school kids are going to Memphis or Ole Miss...we need to "lockdown" the kids in the county and the private school kids. Glad we got Richmond...he will help this program...but we aren't going to strike gold down there...maybe just a nugget or 2 here and there.

I guarentee when Tennessee starts winning the Big time Memphis kids will want to come here..

Reactions: 2 people
As a born-and-bred Memphian, this would be really nice. We have our problems, but we have just as much going for us. Kind of weird to get crapped on all the way over from Sevier County.

Memphis like many other metro areas across the country has it's problems. Unfortunately some folks like to emphasize the negatives and look past the many positives.
When I think of Memphis, Beale Street, Memphis In May,Vergos' Rendezvous Lounge, and the Peabody Ducks come to mind. The Bluff City is also avery important river port. Be proud your a Memphian and a Tennessean. It's great to be a Tennessee Volunteer! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back