Jones Doesn't Rule out Paulk

Coug

I thought everyone might appreciate a bit of an update.

"It's an ongoing process," Jones told The Drive on Knox Talk Radio. "Treyvon has done everything that we've asked of him. He's still not on this football team. They're very unfortunate circumstances. We're still in the process of reviewing everything and we'll make a a decision when the time is appropriate."

Jones doesn't rule out return of dismissed running back

If he really did punch his girlfriend in the mouth then he does need to pay a penalty for that.

buTch said he's done everything he's been asked to do so I'd guess that's a good sign.

My guess is that this is sort of like what Pig went through last year and that Paulk will be back on the team after buTch puts it up to the player council for them to decide.

That's my best guess so we'll see what happens.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I for one hope they give him a second chance

Sorry about the length of my post in advance. Probably could have summed it up in two paragraphs but I suck at writing. Definitely could have been shorter and less repetitive.

Hopefully you're saying that with the belief that he's innocent after not being charged. -- Even though it sounds pretty obvious he did do it and the only reason he wasn't charged is because she decided not to press charges. If you believe he did it and still want him back, smh... I wouldn't even want Blount on my team and he punched another full grown football player. So if I wouldn't want Blount on my team, I surely wouldn't want a full grown football player who punches a girl half their size.

If the story is accurate, it's not even like she put her hands on him. Sorry, but an ex-girlfriend girl having a big mouth isn't a reason to punch her and is pretty hard to justify. I mean, other than boxing(using boxing gloves) with people I went to high school with, I've punched exactly zero people in my life. It's easy to make mistakes in life but punching a girl upside the head because you don't like what like they're saying? That's a pretty easy mistake to not make. Talk about taking the low road.

I'd only like him back if he was falsely accused. The fact that you have cops taking pictures of visible injuries to her face means he most likely wasn't falsely accused. And if she had pressed charges, would we even be talking about taking him back? I'm happy he's taking care of everything he needs to and he deserves a second chance, just not here. What employer would take back an employee that they fired for domestic violence and or work place violence? That person may go through the rehabilitation process and deserve a second chance but it's going to be with a different employer. And I added in the work place violence because you wouldn't want two employees who have physically fought, to remain around each other. Is the victim going to change schools? If not, we're just bringing him back to keep him on the same campus as the victim. Maybe we should you know, get him off the same campus as the girl he punched in the face so the victim isn't forced to encounter her assailant for her remaining time at UT. Just because she didn't press charges against him doesn't mean the school should allow him to roam the campus with access to his victim.

Again, I say all of this with the belief he absolutely did punch her in the face based off her injuries. If it comes to light she had someone else punch her in the face and made false allegations, I feel bad for Paulk. More than likely though, it happened and she decided it wouldn't be worth ruining his life. Whether she still likes him, I don't know, but you can decide not to press charges against someone and still hate them and never want to see them again. The least we could do is have him go to another school so neither one has to encounter each other again. If they do still want to be involved with each other, even more reason to let him go. Otherwise you're just waiting for another call that it happened again. If your (ex)girlfriend's mouth is pissing you off to the point you feel the need to shut her up with a fist, you need to get far away from each other. And as the victim, she shouldn't be the one that has to leave to avoid encountering him.

So, yeah.. simply put... if my girlfriend cheats on me, there are many guys in this world that can give her a second chance to prove to them she's changed and no longer a cheater. She's not getting that second chance with me though. I've already invested myself in her and she messed it up. Why run the risk of being burnt by her again? I'll let the next guy take that chance. Should be the same scenario here. There are many other colleges and football teams around the country for Paulk to attend. He should get another chance, it just shouldn't be here. Especially because it means keeping him on the same campus as the victim. So even if you're of the belief he does deserve another chance, do you really believe it should be around his victim? Football really isn't worth winning if that's what it takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
No way I'd take him back. No sympathy for pansies that hit females. My experience is that most of these guys would wet themselves if they had to fight a dude.

Reactions: 6 people
Sorry about the length of my post in advance. Probably could have summed it up in two paragraphs but I suck at writing. Definitely could have been shorter and less repetitive.

Hopefully you're saying that with the belief that he's innocent after not being charged. -- Even though it sounds pretty obvious he did do it and the only reason he wasn't charged is because she decided not to press charges. If you believe he did it and still want him back, smh... I wouldn't even want Blount on my team and he punched another full grown football player. So if I wouldn't want Blount on my team, I surely wouldn't want a full grown football player who punches a girl half their size.

If the story is accurate, it's not even like she put her hands on him. Sorry, but an ex-girlfriend girl having a big mouth isn't a reason to punch her and is pretty hard to justify. I mean, other than boxing(using boxing gloves) with people I went to high school with, I've punched exactly zero people in my life. It's easy to make mistakes in life but punching a girl upside the head because you don't like what like they're saying? That's a pretty easy mistake to not make. Talk about taking the low road.

I'd only like him back if he was falsely accused. The fact that you have cops taking pictures of visible injuries to her face means he most likely wasn't falsely accused. And if she had pressed charges, would we even be talking about taking him back? I'm happy he's taking care of everything he needs to and he deserves a second chance, just not here. What employer would take back an employee that they fired for domestic violence and or work place violence? That person may go through the rehabilitation process and deserve a second chance but it's going to be with a different employer. And I added in the work place violence because you wouldn't want two employees who have physically fought, to remain around each other. Is the victim going to change schools? If not, we're just bringing him back to keep him on the same campus as the victim. Maybe we should you know, get him off the same campus as the girl he punched in the face so the victim isn't forced to encounter her assailant for her remaining time at UT. Just because she didn't press charges against him doesn't mean the school should allow him to roam the campus with access to his victim.

Again, I say all of this with the belief he absolutely did punch her in the face based off her injuries. If it comes to light she had someone else punch her in the face and made false allegations, I feel bad for Paulk. More than likely though, it happened and she decided it wouldn't be worth ruining his life. Whether she still likes him, I don't know, but you can decide not to press charges against someone and still hate them and never want to see them again. The least we could do is have him go to another school so neither one has to encounter each other again. If they do still want to be involved with each other, even more reason to let him go. Otherwise you're just waiting for another call that it happened again. If your (ex)girlfriend's mouth is pissing you off to the point you feel the need to shut her up with a fist, you need to get far away from each other. And as the victim, she shouldn't be the one that has to leave to avoid encountering him.

So, yeah.. simply put... if my girlfriend cheats on me, there are many guys in this world that can give her a second chance to prove to them she's changed and no longer a cheater. She's not getting that second chance with me though. I've already invested myself in her and she messed it up. Why run the risk of being burnt by her again? I'll let the next guy take that chance. Should be the same scenario here. There are many other colleges and football teams around the country for Paulk to attend. He should get another chance, it just shouldn't be here. Especially because it means keeping him on the same campus as the victim. So even if you're of the belief he does deserve another chance, do you really believe it should be around his victim? Football really isn't worth winning if that's what it takes.

Nice to know you hold everyone around you to YOUR standard and rules of life. People grow up in different environments and different households. Sometimes young men and women come from struggling or violent homes and have to be retrained to act different. So just tossing them or their careers aside without knowing the person and their history is just wrong. Butch seems like he does understand this. Glad he is our coach. Managing so many young people with so many different upbringings is a job left to real coaches, not forum coaches.

Reactions: 19 people
Butch allows him back, and imo it's a very poor decision. Sends the wrong message. I can't imagine what the Lady Vol players who saw it think if he's allowed back. Lots of talk of "character" being important. I guess it's not as important if the RB depth chart needs another body. SMH

I for one hope they give him a second chance

A chance to earn his way back on the team? If so, his is a very lucky young man and if it happens, I hope his has learned enough to become a productive young man. This could be that, life changing, event that CBJ believes can make a difference for his players. Second chances are not given, they are earned. We will se.

Butch allows him back, and imo it's a very poor decision. Sends the wrong message. I can't imagine what the Lady Vol players who saw it think if he's allowed back. Lots of talk of "character" being important. I guess it's not as important if the RB depth chart needs another body. SMH

I kinda agree with ya but also I continuously hear Coach Jones in my head sayin they not only develop football players but also develop them as young men....... With that being said this may be a case of developing him as a man instead of kickin him to the curb. Now that I have said that let me say this as well, I believe we wouldn't even be having this discussion if charges was pressed. And I also have to put my trust in Coach Jones as he knows the details that you and I sit here and speculate over. Coach Jones has never done anything to tarnish our public image and I don't see him doing so now just to add a body on the depth chart. Like I said he knows more than us. AD as far as all the witnesses, I don't mean no disrespect to them at all, but I havnt saw anything from the staff or administration stating they had confirmation

Last edited:

I kinda agree with ya but also I continuously hear Coach Jones in my head sayin they not only develop football players but also develop them as young men....... With that being said this may be a case of developing him as a man instead of kickin him to the curb. Now that I have said that let me say, I believe we wouldn't even be having this discussion if charges was pressed. And I also have to put my trust in Coach Jones as he knows the details that you and I sit here and speculate over. Coach Jones has never done anything to tarnish our public image and I don't see him doing so now just to add a body on the depth chart. Like I said he knows more than us. And as far as all the witnesses, I don't mean no disrespect to them at all, but I havnt saw anything from the staff or administration stating they had confirmation of there testimony so to speak. So you know as well as I do that sometimes media blows things way outta proportion. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 10 people
I kinda agree with ya but also I continuously hear Coach Jones in my head sayin they not only develop football players but also develop them as young men....... With that being said this may be a case of developing him as a man instead of kickin him to the curb. Now that I have said that let me say bruins as well, I believe we wouldn't even be having this discussion if charges was pressed. And I also have to put my trust in Coach Jones as he knows the details that you and I sit here and speculate over. Coach Jones has never done anything to tarnish our public image and I don't see him doing so now just to add a body on the depth chart. Like I said he knows more than us. AD as far as all the witnesses, I don't mean no disrespect to them at all, but I havnt saw anything from the staff or administration stating they had confirmation of there testimony so to speak. So you know as well as I do that sometimes media blows things way outta proportion. Just my 2 cents.

Solid post IMO.

If Butch takes him back, it's not as if he's giving a rapist a second chance...all those shaking their head and/or advocating giving him a shot at redemption, BUT NOT HERE! Remember that. I still don't believe that opportunity resides in Knoxville, but if it does? It's run a lengthy, carefully thought out process. The EASIEST thing to do is cut bait on this one. If Butch takes the more difficult path, it's not going to be done for the purpose of "adding another body"...resume shaking heads. :no:

Reactions: 3 people
No way I'd take him back. No sympathy for pansies that hit females. My experience is that most of these guys would wet themselves if they had to fight a dude.

Dude is earning a second chance. Jones is teaching him a life lesson. I'm proud of the kid if he works to earn his spot back. If he wants to play then he won't hit another woman I bet. If he never hits another woman then that is awesome. Seems like a win-win to me. I bet you've done things in the past that you wouldn't want to be made public. My point is don't judge.

Reactions: 7 people
Dude is earning a second chance. Jones is teaching him a life lesson. I'm proud of the kid if he works to earn his spot back. If he wants to play then he won't hit another woman I bet. If he never hits another woman then that is awesome. Seems like a win-win to me. I bet you've done things in the past that you wouldn't want to be made public. My point is don't judge.

I am certainly qualified to pass judgment on this situation. I would also think twice about allowing my son to play for Jones if he allows him back.

Last edited:
I am certainly qualified to pass judgment on this situation. I would also think twice about allowing my son to play for Jones if he allows him back.

I have a daughter. If he hit my daughter I'd be mad. But he's young and kids are stupid. Proud that he's having to earn any chance and he's not even on the team. You're mad at nothing. Not every sich is the same. So if your mom or daughter was hit or something, then it's still not the same as Paulk. Paulk didn't do whatever you're holding against him. So don't judge him based on you're past. If he learns a lesson from this, then everyone wins.
Also, bet your son isn't good enough to play power five d 1.

Last edited:
I kinda agree with ya but also I continuously hear Coach Jones in my head sayin they not only develop football players but also develop them as young men....... With that being said this may be a case of developing him as a man instead of kickin him to the curb. Now that I have said that let me say, I believe we wouldn't even be having this discussion if charges was pressed. And I also have to put my trust in Coach Jones as he knows the details that you and I sit here and speculate over. Coach Jones has never done anything to tarnish our public image and I don't see him doing so now just to add a body on the depth chart. Like I said he knows more than us. And as far as all the witnesses, I don't mean no disrespect to them at all, but I havnt saw anything from the staff or administration stating they had confirmation of there testimony so to speak. So you know as well as I do that sometimes media blows things way outta proportion. Just my 2 cents.
When you undertake to coach kids that come from all walks of life if you have experience you know that there is a wide range of environments they come from as a group. Developing young men is a key Butch stresses. If the answer is always for each and every infraction is the death penalty, as many on VN promote, then you never develop and improve anyone. Everything is 1 & done, that's easy to manage. I trust CBJ here looking at each and every incident his kids get caught up in as unique and his response being appropriate for each kid. That's what parents and kids sign up for under Butch and I agree with it. If CBJ says Paulk can work his way back I support that.

VN Store

Back