Saulsberry's Knee has deteriorated to the point

I really don't like hearing that but it certainly ain't jacks they're playing on the field. :no:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
Man. Was really hoping TS would have one injury free season this coming year. He has shown flashes during his sporadic PT. Would be nice if he could play 20-25 snaps per game just to deepen the rotation. We landed a monster recruiting class. But, I'm not comfortable expecting too much production from true FR, regardless.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad he's getting his Master's Degree. If he could have dodged the injuries, he would have been really good at DT!

Credit to him for working through it. Sounds like a big time leader, which is awesome for the team. Hope he can find some PT, but in the end his health is the priority here.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope everything turns out well, and that he can play this season. I felt like he done a very good job when he played last season.

Why not just replace the knees?

Just had my right knee replaced 5 weeks ago. You can do some low impact sports (golf, cycling, etc..) but not others like skiing or snowboarding. I doubt any Dr. would recommend playing football. Also it takes about 6 months to 1 year for full recovery. Probably a bit less for a 20 something.

Just had my right knee replaced 5 weeks ago. You can do some low impact sports (golf, cycling, etc..) but not others like skiing or snowboarding. I doubt any Dr. would recommend playing football. Also it takes about 6 months to 1 year for full recovery. Probably a bit less for a 20 something.

By the time of our first game, it will have gave him around 7 months of recovery time. He may miss some games early on, but I bet by midseason we will see him back out on the field.

By the time of our first game, it will have gave him around 7 months of recovery time. He may miss some games early on, but I bet by midseason we will see him back out on the field.

Doubtful. He's been unable to stay healthy his career here. We have to plan on playing without him and consider it a bonus if he does anything at all. This is another reason the DT haul was so impressive by CBJ.

I had a knee replacement. The ortho's final words were, "do anything you like, except high-impact activities like running and jumping."

Just extended periods of walking and standing on stone or concrete surfaces makes my bones ache for a day or two. If Saulsberry can pull this off, my hat's off to him.

He should definitely have the surgery now, though. I screwed up my good knee from limping around too many years before getting the bad one fixed.

Fine young man, great leader and motivator for our team.

I hope he can heal up and get some meaningful playing time this season so he can have some fun but his long term health must come first.

Either way it looks like buTch will make sure he gets more education as a Graduate Assistant so he will still be around and helping our team get better.

This guy is a true VFL and no matter what happens I have to say a big THANK YOU to the big man for staying true to our footVol team and giving his all!

Best of luck and success to you TS!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Props to Saulsberry, he's the kind of individual that provides character... and that character, can help hold teams together...something that usually always precedes winning.
Go Vol's

VN Store

Back