Conversation with Quinten Dormady

Cliffs Notes of what Dormady had to say:

-Screw Bama

-Screw Florida

-Sorry I'm from Texas.... which one is Vandy again?

-No I didn't play at the High School from Friday Night Lights

-Yes it feels strange being the only white QB on the roster

-No one told me about Debord until it was too late

-It's Dormady, not Dormandy

Reactions: 6 people
Seems like a good guy..

I liked his comment about how he is labeled as a pocket passer.. but can still run the ball if needed.

Everyone, even people around here love to label these players into some neat little category, and discuss what the differences to our offense might be with this other guy in.. etc

But like I said before, they will all run the same offense and they will all need to be able to make the same plays. There will be no difference.. let the best player play and all the others working even harder to take the spot.

#GBO

P.S. I still say double digit wins this year! one way or another it will happen

Reactions: 8 people
Seems like a smart young man and you would expect him to have lots of football knowledge since his dad is a coach.

Pocket passer that can and will run is a good thing because he's been trained hard to be aware of things around him but to always keep his eyes mostly downfield to make the passes.

Many QB's that are labeled as a duel threat look to run more and will miss good passing opportunities.

Dormady will look more to pass to the playmakers as a 1st option unless it's a called QB run or he has to run because of pressure.

You know these 3 new QB's can't wait to meet and practice a bit with Peyton.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Seems like a smart young man and you would expect him to have lots of football knowledge since his dad is a coach.

Pocket passer that can and will run is a good thing because he's been trained hard to be aware of things around him but to always keep his eyes mostly downfield to make the passes.

Many QB's that are labeled as a duel threat look to run more and will miss good passing opportunities.

Dormady will look more to pass to the playmakers as a 1st option unless it's a called QB run or he has to run because of pressure.

You know these 3 new QB's can't wait to meet and practice a bit with Peyton.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!
+1 :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

You know these 3 new QB's can't wait to meet and practice a bit with Peyton.#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Especially next year, when he takes over as full time OC.

QB looks solid for a few years. Other positions also seem well stocked. I think the team started to learn what winning means in 2014. What is lacking is experience. Get out of the way! GO BIG ORANGE!

It seems like forever since we've gone into spring knowing for sure who our #1 QB is. It's going to be nice to just be able to enjoy the battle for #2 in the spring and fall! Good luck Quinten!

Well he knows how to answer the questions. I hope he backs it up on the field! I like the part of helping the team win no matter what it takes. Seems like a good kid. I hope he has an awesome career at UT!!!

There is a special feeling around this young man. He's going to be somebody. I have been looking forward to seeing him on the field since we first heard his name.

It seems like forever since we've gone into spring knowing for sure who our #1 QB is. It's going to be nice to just be able to enjoy the battle for #2 in the spring and fall! Good luck Quinten!

Yes! This is way bigger of a deal than most on here think. I think we see huge strides from the offense next year.

Everyone knows its Dobbs but I bet you fidy-cent Butch refuses to name a starter until late August. :lolabove:

Everyone knows its Dobbs but I bet you fidy-cent Butch refuses to name a starter until late August. :lolabove:

My understanding is that he has already stated that Dobbs will be the starter moving forward. Could be wrong. But, yeah that would go along with the precedent

Reactions: 2 people
I know a lot of us love the flashy run type qb's, but I think QD is gonna be special. He can run if needed, and may not be as flashy, but I think he's gonna be a good qb. I never felt that about Riley, and I may be wrong, but just can't help but feel it.

Reactions: 2 people
I know a lot of us love the flashy run type qb's, but I think QD is gonna be special. He can run if needed, and may not be as flashy, but I think he's gonna be a good qb. I never felt that about Riley, and I may be wrong, but just can't help but feel it.

I have a good feeling too (funny how I wasn't getting those until very recently). I think he's the better of both worlds.

Ladies and gentlemen....your QB of the future.

Kid is going to be special. Met him and saw him work out at the UT QB camp last summer. He is Fo' Real.

I gotta admit its fun having Dobbs under center right now. I'm with you though. If our Oline is in good shape I'm voting for the best passer\game manager we have, given they have enough mobility to run our offense correctly.

If that turns out to be Jennings then all the better lol :rock:

But my money is on Dormady for the future. Jennings can be plenty helpful elsewhere.

Think Dobbs-like athleticism, Bray-caliber arm, and Manning-esque maturity.

I hope we can redshirt him and let him backup this year, because he would be a weapon in 2016.

Think Dobbs-like athleticism, Bray-caliber arm, and Manning-esque maturity.

I hope we can redshirt him and let him backup this year, because he would be a weapon in 2016.

One of the three freshmen will at least get clean up duty in several games. whoever that is will likely be our qb going forward. You can't have it both ways with Dormady. Either he's the guy or he redshirts.

My guess is Dormady backs up Dobbs this year and next. Jones redshirts this year and either transfers or wins the job later on (will be hard to do if Dormady gets all the game experience the next two years). Jennings redshirts and swaps positions.(or transfers)

VN Store

Back