Paul finebaum show

mmoosem

GO AWAY NEGA-VOLS
I am a SEC fan. When ESPN announced that there was going to be a SEC sports channel I was excited and could hardly wait. While it has given me the opportunity to see things about all the teams I never would have seen otherwise, I am extremely disappointed in the Paul Finebaum Show. What was to have been a call in show for all the teams has become a show for 'Bama and Auburn fans to exchange barbs and insults with each other. Very seldom is any other caller representing a team other that those 2 allow to get any air time. I for 1 and tired of hearing only about THEM. Please join with me in asking ESPN/SEC officials to have a balanced - unbias show or get someone to replace PF and his producer. I'm sure all the teams in the SEC are paying their salaries. Only 2 of the 14 teams in the SEC are getting their monies worth. Please send your requests to paulfinebaumshow@espn.com,secsports.com/feedback. Let's take control of what is suppose to be OUR show. thanks

Reactions: 62 people
I am a SEC fan. When ESPN announced that there was going to be a SEC sports channel I was excited and could hardly wait. While it has given me the opportunity to see things about all the teams I never would have seen otherwise, I am extremely disappointed in the Paul Finebaum Show. What was to have been a call in show for all the teams has become a show for 'Bama and Auburn fans to exchange barbs and insults with each other. Very seldom is any other caller representing a team other that those 2 allow to get any air time. I for 1 and tired of hearing only about THEM. Please join with me in asking ESPN/SEC officials to have a balanced - unbias show or get someone to replace PF and his producer. I'm sure all the teams in the SEC are paying their salaries. Only 2 of the 14 teams in the SEC are getting their monies worth. Please send your requests to paulfinebaumshow@espn.com,secsports.com/feedback. Let's take control of what is suppose to be OUR show. thanks

Finebaum show= Drunken Redneck Free-For-All. To top it off the gloating Suckeye fans are now calling in. :shakehead: :shakehead:

Reactions: 14 people

It's the "Paul Finebama Show". I don't watch it anymore. Tired of hearing Bama redneck rants and raves. I cannot understand half of them.:hi:

Reactions: 12 people
Considering the kind of callers they are obviously looking for, we should take it as a compliment that there aren't more UT callers.

Reactions: 52 people
Considering the kind of callers they are obviously looking for, we should take it as a compliment that there aren't more UT callers.

This. However I would support a petition to the university to void his biased traitorous arse's UT diploma. My guess is Bama would be happy to issue him an honorary red elephant diploma.

Reactions: 4 people
Would not watch the crap to start with. Like others I just watch it when the VOLS are playing.

Reactions: 5 people
What you fail to understand is that Finebaum has been involved with sports in Birmingham, Alabama for over 30 years, as a newspaper reporter, and mostly a radio host. He has been a fixture in Alabama for a long time.

He has had a ton of Alabama and Auburn fans calling him since the early 80's. What you want is for the SEC Network to televise the Jayson Swain radio program.

Reactions: 10 people

I agree with that. Problem is you have what is suppose to be a show about the SEC and it is nothing but a call-in show for Bama/Auburn fanatics for 4 hours everyday.

Reactions: 1 person

That's his base, and he has made a name for himself letting them go at each other on the air. However, I agree he should stop pandering to them so much and be much more inclusive to the rest of the SEC. After all the SEC is much more than Auburn and Alabama fans yelling at each other!

Reactions: 3 people

That was how Finebaum built his show. Dumba$$ Ala and Au callers and their daily rants. But will say he takes a fair share of TN calls as well as other schools. It's just the rants and everything are still mostly Ala and Auburn. I'm just fine getting normal TN callers asking about Vol stuff and let Ala and AU fans embarrass themselves. I for one find it funny. Living close to Bham it's an everyday thing here between the two fan bases.

Reactions: 2 people

Winning cures all. I fully expect our group of idiots to be calling in a lot in early August.

The show was based out of Birmingham and it has a group of loyal callers that are indeed insane, but have helped Finebaum get to where he is today. I respect PF for not forgetting who helped him succeed and allowing idiots like Charles from Reeltown or Phyllis call in regularly.

I agree with that. Problem is you have what is suppose to be a show about the SEC and it is nothing but a call-in show for Bama/Auburn fanatics for 4 hours everyday.
I don't think that it is supposed to be about the SEC. It is a televised version of the Paul Finebaum Show, and he is doing what he has done for 30 years.

I guess that the SEC Network had several hours of programming to fill, and they chose the most entertaining, most successful, and most listened to show to put on the air.

Reactions: 1 person
his show is a hit and miss a day or so after national signing day he was talking all about tennessee and how he though we be in the race for the title! in a year or so

Winning cures all. I fully expect our group of idiots to be calling in a lot in early August.

The show was based out of Birmingham and it has a group of loyal callers that are indeed insane, but have helped Finebaum get to where he is today. I respect PF for not forgetting who helped him succeed and allowing idiots like Charles from Reeltown or Phyllis call in regularly.

While I think he is more of a pot stirrer than anything else...there are some nuggets from time to time. I generally listen when driving for the pure entertainment of various characters that call in more than anything else.

I don't understand the apparent utter disdain for his alma mater, but for the most part he is fairly objective and a realist when it comes to addressing the majority of comments. He's a quick to point out bone headed moves by Saban / Alabama as he is any other coach / team.

I don't listen to the whole show or even daily, but lately when I do listen, he has been generally more complementary to UT. I think he expects the VOLS to be markedly better, as do many of the other analysis on his show, and only suggests tethering expectations to something less than SECC and NC this year.

I don't think that it is supposed to be about the SEC. It is a televised version of the Paul Finebaum Show, and he is doing what he has done for 30 years.

I guess that the SEC Network had several hours of programming to fill, and they chose the most entertaining, most successful, and most listened to show to put on the air.

I can understand a fresh network looking for ratings anywhere it can, but I would hope after a few seasons the network would start looking for more balanced programming.

Reactions: 4 people

Let's just join in in the beating of Bama on Oct 24, then the playing of Auburn in the SECC (I won't concern myself yet with actually winning that game, but NO WAY bama is going to win the West!) -- wait and listen to the show after those 2 games and see what the discussion is all about. Beat Bama and Play Auburn.

What you fail to understand is that Finebaum has been involved with sports in Birmingham, Alabama for over 30 years, as a newspaper reporter, and mostly a radio host. He has been a fixture in Alabama for a long time.

He has had a ton of Alabama and Auburn fans calling him since the early 80's. What you want is for the SEC Network to televise the Jayson Swain radio program.

I understand what he is. What I don't understand is why he was picked to host the show, and why the SEC signed off on it. :thud:

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back