What will be the toughest position...

runthrutheT

battle this spring?
Defense:
Offense:

My vote will be Todd Kelly vs McNeil at safety and Josh Smith vs Malone at 3rd wr

Reactions: 1 person
Got a whole helluva lot of receivers new and vets that are almost new because they were injured last year.

What position battle threads sounded like under dooley:

"There's this walk on I hear runs a 5.3"

"What about that kid with the offer from Marshal we signed? Think he can play right away?"

Reactions: 4 people
Middle linebacker will be very interesting to see.

Will Bates be the guy?
Maybe Bynum really turns some heads.
Kirkland got hurt or he would be right there in mix.

Watch out for Maybin getting a look there with Mcdowell and Weathered battling for a starting spot if this move is made.

Will Bates be the guy?

Watch out for Maybin getting a look there with Mcdowell and Weathered battling for a starting spot if this move is made.

If Bates is healthy I don't see him not starting he's just too athletic. Man depth is Awesome!

No way... Malone will have a breakout year and be #3 on that list.

I kinda agree with you.Usually a player makes the biggest improvement from year 1 to year 2.Take Smith after his freshman year for example.Most on here thought he was terrible.WhIle he may be better now.Malone can definitely close the gap.

Woulda said both DT and DE are going to be fierce spring competitions ... but with Phillips and Barnett out injured, and Vereen limited (as well as Mosley, if he's not switched to OLine), it won't be quite the fireworks it could've been. Still have Tuttle, Butcher, Johnson, and Mixon. Will be insanely competitive in fall camp once the injured guys are healthy and McKenzie, Picou, Daylor arrive.

So for spring, gonna have to agree with several others: the competition for 2nd string QB among the talented freshmen will be the single most fun spot to watch.

Go Vols!

Will Bates be the guy?

Bryant is the darkhorse.

Reactions: 3 people
Swain said the other day that he thinks Kamara is a better all around back then Hurd. How cra-cray would that be!

Reactions: 2 people
Swain said the other day that he thinks Kamara is a better all around back then Hurd. How cra-cray would that be!

Dunno about better, but they're sure going to be different. Might end up calling them Rocky & Bullwinkle. Hurd like Eric Dickerson, Kamara like Travis Stevens.

Dunno about better, but they're sure going to be different. Might end up calling them Rocky & Bullwinkle. Hurd like Eric Dickerson, Kamara like Travis Stevens.

I think it was Vandy last year that Hurd went out with an injury and our Offense just stalled. With Kamara I don't think the drop off will be nearly a bad.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back