Sorry to start a thread on this, but my son and I were

SpeedyVOL

just talking about big hits and I was telling him about a Tennessee special teams player that destroyed a kick returner a few years back. I can't remember his name or what game it was. His name might have been Greg something. If I remember correctly, he fractured his eye socket on the hit. I need to find a video of that hit.

The only big hits I can think of are the hit by Sutton at OK and then a few years back we had a SS (Wilson maybe?) destroy a kid at UK

I believe it was Greg Johnson. He was a special teams player, walkon. His father was Carl Johnson vol from the 70s. I believe Greg went into the Navy Seals after school

Reactions: 2 people
The Eric Berry vs Tebow hit was epic.

Berry was outweighed by probably 30 lbs, and still brought the boom. Was amazing, and it was sooooo loud it sounded like 2 trains colliding

I believe it was against vanderbilt, and I think it was towards the end of CJMs tenure or the beginning of CPFs.. I remember that it was a clean hit but dang near killed the Vanderbilt player.. That's one I remember it was at vandy

I remember on opening kick off vs cal here. One of our guys knocked out their big tide end and he didn't return. I think he broke his jaw. I don't remember who laid the hit on him but got drilled.

I remember on opening kick off vs cal here. One of our guys knocked out their big tide end and he didn't return. I think he broke his jaw. I don't remember who laid the hit on him but got drilled.

Stephens plays for the Titans now

That was definitely a lick

I believe it was Greg Johnson. He was a special teams player, walkon. His father was Carl Johnson vol from the 70s. I believe Greg went into the Navy Seals after school

I believe you are right. I do think it was Greg Jognson. He did not return to the game.

Who was the hit I was thinking of?

It was a SS who played for UT in the 2000s and he layed out a wr against kentucky?

I was about to bring this one up! Great hit and it set the tone for the butt whooping we put on lynch and the top 10 cal team ( I believe they were top 10) that dude was hit so hard I don't believe he's been heard from since. Lol

I was also thinking about a hard hit against penn state in the outback bowl. Can't remember who it was though. Maybe someone else will.

VN Store

Back