ESPN: How Tennessee Wins the SEC East

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Tennessee Volunteers could win SEC East in 2015 - ESPN

Paraphrased:
Butch Jones has already successfully changed the trajectory of the Tennessee Volunteers program. In 2014, he guided the Vols to a winning record and a victory in a bowl game, an achievement combination that had not been done since 2007.

As satisfying as those accomplishments were, they are likely to pale in comparison to what Tennessee will do in 2015. Just about every factor on this team points toward the Volunteers being a front-runner for the SEC East title.

Joshua Dobbs can be one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC

Powerhouse rushing attack

One of the deepest receiving corps in college football

Improved offensive line

Superb combination of impact players and depth on defense

Tremendous special teams

Bottom line

The expectations for Tennessee's program are certainly back to their glory day levels, as the Volunteers rank 14th nationally in ESPN Stats & Information's Preseason FPI and placed 23rd in Mark Schlabach's Way-Too-Early-Top 25. Given the favorable state of this club and the fact that the other top teams in the SEC East are all losing nine or more starters, those expectations look to be well-founded and could be the precursor to a Volunteers berth in the SEC championship game.

Reactions: 37 people
Win more games in the sec than the rest of the east teams!

Reactions: 6 people
To be serious, good read. I honestly think they can do it this year.

Reactions: 2 people
They have all the peices assembled, but can they put it all together on game day and win?

Reactions: 4 people
If that happens there will still be people here destroying the team or coaching staff over something...

... Ok so I do it sometimes too lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Given the favorable state of this club and the fact that the other top teams in the SEC East are all losing nine or more starters,...

Someone.... :whistling:.... has been pointing this out for WEEKS now.

I swear sometimes it seems these writers glean this board to get their material.

Reactions: 1 person
Does ESPN love us now just so they can hate us later?

They are setting us for failure by increasing the expectations so high that when they aren't met, they will come back with more criticism and hate than ever before.

Reactions: 5 people
The fans on here would be happy with winning the SEC East and then would be beeyotching when Tennessee maybe lost to Alabama or Auburn.

They are setting us for failure by increasing the expectations so high that when they aren't met, they will come back with more criticism and hate than ever before.

you conspiracy theorists need to stop. ESPN has more important things to worry about than football at the University of Tennessee.

they're just calling it like they see it. Tennessee has the look of a team ready to do big things. They're just trying to get ahead of the storm.

The fans on here would be happy with winning the SEC East and then would be beeyotching when Tennessee maybe lost to Alabama or Auburn.

D---- right! I'll start right now.

They should've had more creative play calling from the OC.

Why didn't they make adjustments to stop the run at halftime?

Why didn't they go for first down when they were on the __?

Everybody knew they were going to run off tackle.

They should've pulled Dobbs and we would've been SEC Champs.

D---- right! I'll start right now.

They should've had more creative play calling from the OC.

Why didn't they make adjustments to stop the run at halftime?

Why didn't they go for first down when they were on the __?

Everybody knew they were going to run off tackle.

They should've pulled Dobbs and we would've been SEC Champs.

+100

How was it on here when Tennessee lost to Auburn in 2003 or LSU in 2007?

I Bet,LOL! When I posted on the VTTW board 12 years ago they were ready to fire Fulmer after the disappointing seasons in 2001-2002. I guess extreme fans are everywhere.
That's for sure. Some even poison innocent trees.

you conspiracy theorists need to stop. ESPN has more important things to worry about than football at the University of Tennessee.

they're just calling it like they see it. Tennessee has the look of a team ready to do big things. They're just trying to get ahead of the storm.

Relax buddy, it was just a joke.

VN Store

Back