Post Press Confrence Thoughts

JohnMcA60

How does everyone feel about DeBord? I like his knowledge and some "ideas" he has initially. Hope to see a good recruiting coach as well from him. Gaining trust more and more.

Also a link to the press conference:
http://youtu.be/FHbcX0qhJb8

Reactions: 2 people
Very interested that he interviewed with CPF after Michigan played Florida in a bowl game. Is this when Philip chose Dave Clawson to be his OC? Hmmmm :eek:hmy:
Regardless, I was impressed by Coach Mike DeBord & think the Vol offense will prosper.

Reactions: 9 people
Really nothing we can do about it. Cbj has made his bed n now he has to live with it.

I think its a weird hire but hey its his butt that will pay if the wheels come off in 2015.. Also he will get huge creed if dude lights it up via some new play calling system..

I'm just tired of the excuses.. Its time we have a chance to win every game we play. No more next year..we r young..no talent and no depth..
GBFO!!!

Reactions: 6 people
The photos I've seen of him must have been from 10 years ago, because the guy in this press conference looked even older than I expected.

Reactions: 2 people
Really nothing we can do about it. Cbj has made his bed n now he has to live with it.

I think its a weird hire but hey its his butt that will pay if the wheels come off in 2015.. Also he will get huge creed if dude lights it up via some new play calling system..

I'm just tired of the excuses.. Its time we have a chance to win every game we play. No more next year..we r young..no talent and no depth..
GBFO!!!

Umm the offense is not changing. The question is if he can call plays better that Coach Jake. If he has a better grasp in regards to the flow of the game. Nothing new in regards to play calls or terminology. As Butch stated the offense does not need to be overhauled, but improved.

I'm excited to see how CZA progresses as passing game coordinator. I think this offense will improve, especially as the O line play improves.

Reactions: 6 people
Very interested that he interviewed with CPF after Michigan played Florida in a bowl game. Is this when Philip chose Dave Clawson to be his OC? Hmmmm :eek:hmy:
Regardless, I was impressed by Coach Mike DeBord & think the Vol offense will prosper.

Perhaps this is our chance to rid ourselves of the Clawson curse - We were supposed to hire Debord then but look what happened when we didnt - CPF gone and a trail of tears ever since. Its just like one of those movies where we get to make that choice again and THIS TIME, its all going to turn out AOK and we will be back on the top of the heap and on to NC glory. (channelling my inner tom cruise - "come on! Who is with me?) :thumbsup:

Reactions: 7 people
I kinda wish he'd a said "I'm the OC, deal with it, if I suck I'll get fired anyway", instead of all the name-dropping.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back