Question about Wharton

skasper06

Does anybody know what the time line is on Wharton "exploring other options?" Is there a deadline when he needs to make a decision by? Is the fact that he is looking around enough to just say he's not part of the team any more period? Looking for some clarification on how this whole thing works with scholarship renewal and what not.

Hope he stays though!

Reactions: 2 people
Here's the question. Does he want to remain a Vol or not. Every player on the roster can contribute to the team in some way. :yes:

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know any specifics about Wharton, but I have see some things written about transferring. From what I've read, most kids stay in school through the end of the school year and don't participate in any of the football activities. Once the spring semester is finished, they then move to their new team. The reason given for staying through May is that it is easier to transfer credits.

From what I've seen about the rumors involving Wharton, he may be headed to Penn State. He was heavily recruited by Franklin before signing with the Vols. They are certainly an option for him.

Vic has three choices. One of them is to remain a Vol. The other two depend on how much he values academics versus athletics. The academics slant is, stay through spring, finish your freshman year, get credit for the work you've put in so far (assuming he has been going to classes and doing the work), transfer the credits. The athletics slant is, get to the new team before spring camp starts, improve your chances of working into their lineup.

Should have a pretty good idea whether he's more interested in academics or athletics in the next 45 days...by then, many schools will have begun spring training.

Like many, I'm hoping Vic stays. He bleeds orange.

Hopefully, he grows up in the next few days and realizes how damn good it is to be a Tn. Vol. If not, bye bye, next Man up!

Here's the question. Does he want to remain a Vol or not. Every player on the roster can contribute to the team in some way. :yes:

If he wants to play football somewhere other than Tennessee, he should complete his freshman year as a student at Tennessee. if he leaves before the end of jis second semester, his transfer to another school becomes much more complicated because he violated his Letter of Intent.

Vic has three choices. One of them is to remain a Vol. The other two depend on how much he values academics versus athletics. The academics slant is, stay through spring, finish your freshman year, get credit for the work you've put in so far (assuming he has been going to classes and doing the work), transfer the credits. The athletics slant is, get to the new team before spring camp starts, improve your chances of working into their lineup.

Should have a pretty good idea whether he's more interested in academics or athletics in the next 45 days...by then, many schools will have begun spring training.

Like many, I'm hoping Vic stays. He bleeds orange.

He's going to have to sit out a year anyway. Unless he goes FCS.

I think he sees his ceiling was now, and the recruiting was only going to get better. PT is going to be tuff to come by if he stays, or it would be more limited to ST.

I think he can probably play if he's in the right position. Tennessee just happens to be absolutely loaded at WR. I hope he stays because I feel some of those ahead of him won't stay all 4 years.

it must be something when a guy who was outstanding and super fast in track can't get on the field returning kicks. did he have butterfingers or kids hit harder in college

Vic has a huge amount of talent. Work ethic and attitude are the weakness.

I hope the kid stays.

Anything worth something, doesn't come easy.

Seems to me he doesn't have a good attitude. Peterman worked out with team until he left correct? If he had a good attitude and work ethic he would work out with team to continue to get better and work towards his dream of probably playing in NFL. And leave on good terms with coaches and Tennessee. But oh well, not my (our) problem.

Best guess is he will need to make a decision before spring practice begins. Anybody know if he is still working out with the team?

If you only give it a year and decide you want out, well good luck in life.

Only gave it a year? It's not marriage, it's college - a year is a quarter of your time there. Many, many people drop out or go somewhere else for college after one year.

Seems to me he doesn't have a good attitude. Peterman worked out with team until he left correct? If he had a good attitude and work ethic he would work out with team to continue to get better and work towards his dream of probably playing in NFL. And leave on good terms with coaches and Tennessee. But oh well, not my (our) problem.

You really don't know what you're talking about concerning his attitude. You're making assumptions about his character because he's leaving your favorite school.

Reactions: 6 people
If you only give it a year and decide you want out, well good luck in life.

In his defense, he only has 4 years of college and probably wants to make the most of it. It's not like giving up on a career after a year when you still have another 40 years to go in the workforce.

However, I agree with your perspective as well.

VN Store

Back