Helmet Cams, Rules Changes

Reactions: 6 people
I would think that if instituted, it would be another advantage to "big money" major programs like the SEC and UT in particular.

I do wonder if it would lessen our home stadium advantage - noise making play calling difficult for the opposing team.

I would think that if instituted, it would be another advantage to "big money" major programs like the SEC and UT in particular.

I do wonder if it would lessen our home stadium advantage - noise making play calling difficult for the opposing team.
I don't think crowd noise really impacts the playcalls now. It's the on field communication that's a problem and that won't change just because a QB has a radio in his helmet.

I don't think crowd noise really impacts the playcalls now. It's the on field communication that's a problem and that won't change just because a QB has a radio in his helmet.

Agreed O-line audibles are affected the most.

I don't like shortening the ineligible receiver down field rule, making it more likely to happen. and not sure what the issue was that they are fixing not allowing the kicking team to block on onside kicks?

Most teams use hand signals and signs to call in plays so a speaker in the helmet won't change much. As for the crowd noise, well it actually might make it harder for some visiting teams. Some teams will try this earpiece thing as a replacement for signs and signals that can be seen by the other team. I know I have had headphones in and there are definitely times when I've had them cranked but something else was so loud I couldn't make out anything the people were saying

Yeah he's waiting to approve it..

4963021_f520.jpg

Last edited:
not sure how the rule that if a defensive player loses his helmet in the last minute of the game, why there would be a 10 second run off of the clock.

Whats to keep a defensive player from not buttoning his chin strap and losing his helmet to force the offense to lose 10 seconds while they are driving down to score?

VN Store

Back