Kiper predicts vols better than Arkansas

I agree if the O-Line comes together like they did towards the end of the season, we will be tough to stop.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been on the "next year" bandwagon, but I am starting to think we have a good shot at beating some teams we're not expected to this year.

Reactions: 9 people
After this season- it will be obvious that our team is gonna be scary for the '16 season.. Teams aren't gonna want to play us in 2016.

RIP VT...

Reactions: 15 people
I've been on the "next year" bandwagon, but I am starting to think we have a good shot at beating some teams we're not expected to this year.

this is what Urban Meyer thought about his team full of sophomores till they said screw it lets just win it all right now.

i'm all in for 2015. youth or not.

Reactions: 10 people
I know people have been down on our Oline from last year, but with Dobbs mobility, it becomes a different game. They will only be better from last year. I really don't see a weakness on our team anywhere.

Reactions: 3 people
I am looking forward to 2015 season. All I ask for is Team #119 to play lights out and fight till the end.. the rest will take care of itself! GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
After this season- it will be obvious that our team is gonna be scary for the '16 season.. Teams aren't gonna want to play us in 2016.

RIP VT...

They are soooo not looking forward to that game here in VA, I'd say by gametime it will be pretty much a home game for the Vols. Tech fans are the ultimate bandwagoneers.

Reactions: 3 people
I was rooming with an Auburn grad in 2010. They were expecting an improvement in 2010 with championship potential in 2011. They won the Natty in 2010.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiper looks forward at UT football season

Raving about our young vols. Says youth isn't an excuse! I agree! We now have quality depth at every position. Barring injury, I say we can play with anybody, including bama. Flame away!

:rock:

While we're on the rise and we're accumulating a ton of talent, we will still be a very young team, whose quality depth at most positions will consist of sophomores and true freshmen (for example, defensive tackle, running back, tightend, linebacker). And we don't have much if any depth at OT and indeed are still hoping we have a quality left tackle which has yet to be proven.

All that being said, Butch needs to show he can win a lot of games this year (8 to 9 imo) with the current talent and experience he has. In his 3rd year, he should win every game he's supposed to, and a couple more that he's not. At this point, after 2 years, he has more bad losses at Tennessee than he has quality wins.

Yikes! He was the only guy insisting Jimmy Clausen would be a stud NFL QB, too.
Not sure if I love this.

It'd be much easier if you told me which position is lacking in quality depth. Not saying that many aren't young, but that doesn't mean there isn't quality.

Even the founders of our Nation knew the value of maturity and experience. That is why one who is younger than 35 can not become President of the United States. I realize there are exceptions to the rule. A young 27 year old politician was elected Speaker of the Tennessee House about 50 years ago and Barnett was our first Freshman defensive DL player last year. However, very few politicians or true freshmen football players are mentally and physically ready to become all star type players. That is why freshmen are not considered quality depth. Those freshmen who enter early, January, have a greater opportunity to become quality depth during their first year because they have experienced many of the adjustments faced with adapting to college life and college football. Off season workouts and Spring practice make a huge difference in a player's ability to compete as a true freshmen.

Of course we're better than Arky, they're a one dimensional offense with a D that's losing some playmakers. UGA is like that too

VN Store

Back