3 assistant coaches turned down offers.

These guys want to win an SEC and a NCAA Division I tihttp://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfZJw?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennessee-volunteers-footballtle. They are in the know and know it is coming! :good!:

Nice formatting

Reactions: 1 person
and there are folks here saying 7-5 or 8-4 would be reasonable expectations for next year. these guys know there is something special about to happen. they wouldn't be turning down jobs unless they felt we were ready to win. I think they believe we can make it to the SEC championship this season. They know the caliber of talent they have.

Reactions: 3 people
Awesome. It's so important for us to have continuity. And coach z and thig are incredible recruiters. The best part of it all...the one coach we didn't mind leaving didn't turn down that offer. But I don't mean to be disrespect to Jake. He was running what butch wanted him to run and it was butch that named Worley the starter, Peterman the no. 2, or that made all. Of the ultra conservative decisions that cost us this past year.

Explain how this is a bad, doom and gloom thing?

For one, its none of the above

The article says that Thigpen received two offers, University of No Classes and Texas Arts and Music, which are both well known

However, then they throw in the " i don't know which schools offered but pretty sure they were offered. But if not, they had opportunities cause there were openings" for Azzanni and Martinez.

Ok

Reactions: 5 people
For one, its none of the above

The article says that Thigpen received two offers, University of No Classes and Texas Arts and Music, which are both well known

However, then they throw in the " i don't know which schools offered but pretty sure they were offered. But if not, they had opportunities cause there were openings" for Azzanni and Martinez.

Ok

For some reason, when I see you post I'm reminded of a summers eve. Not really sure why. I guess you live near the ocean.

Reactions: 7 people
Wasn't somebody in one of the attrition threads blathering on about how the players, assistant coaches and wife all hated CBJ? Why would these guys stay to work with someone they hate?

and there are folks here saying 7-5 or 8-4 would be reasonable expectations for next year. these guys know there is something special about to happen. they wouldn't be turning down jobs unless they felt we were ready to win. I think they believe we can make it to the SEC championship this season. They know the caliber of talent they have.

To quote Phil- " it ain't the X's and O's it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's" well we are getting the Jimmy's and the Joe's so look out

To quote Phil- " it ain't the X's and O's it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's" well we are getting the Jimmy's and the Joe's so look out

that quote is so true. You can coach all you want, but if they're more talented it normally doesn't end well.

The longer they stay the higher their stocks rise. Butch Jones is going to have one helluva coaching tree by the time his coaching days are over.

The longer they stay the higher their stocks rise. Butch Jones is going to have one helluva coaching tree by the time his coaching days are over.

I hope TN has some Championships to show for it before they all go off to make more $$$. Plus I'm uncertain if Butch is to have a coaching tree then where will he pull in replacements ? Seems he's used up all his Aces with the Debord hire ?

I hope not to many with low expectations. I suspect those are the younger fans not use to 10-2 or better.:)

VN Store

Back