Grand Jury to hear Johnson / Williams case (Merged)

A Grand Jury hears the evidence and decides if the case warrants a trial, correct? If they indict, he goes to trial. If not, it's over. Is this right?

Reactions: 3 people
How about a link?
Or is this one of those situations where we don't hear about it until the Grand Jury acts - one way or the other?

Last edited:
Is that a rubber stamp of what DA wants?.....Where are the attorneys

If their goal was for AJ to not get drafted, they are doing a great job. This could linger on for months before dismissing case.

And yes he/they may very well be guilty...so much for fair and speedy trial...at least the speedy part.

If their goal was for AJ to not get drafted, they are doing a great job. This could linger on for months before dismissing case.

And yes he/they may very well be guilty...so much for fair and speedy trial...at least the speedy part.

it's only been a few months...don't rape trials normally take months/year+ to make?

He has a right to a fair and speedy trial if he's charged. Nobody is guaranteed a speedy investigation ... which is the phase this case is in.

Reactions: 9 people

As I understand it fair and speedy trial only happens once a person has been charged.

Reactions: 1 person
He has a right to a fair and speedy trial if he's charged. Nobody is guaranteed a speedy investigation ... which is the phase this case is in.
Perfect. The Vandy trial phase was only two weeks. That's speedy. The accused should have been satisfied.

When a person maybe looking at 30-60 years in prison(no parole) I think I would want them to get it right.

But some folks care more about aj getting drafted, than they do the truth of what happened.

Reactions: 9 people
But some folks care more about aj getting drafted, than they do the truth of what happened.

I don't think that's the case, I think people genuinely care about AJ because of his on the field efforts the last 4 years. If he is found guilty I don't think people will hate him but will take the stance of its a real shame he could have done big things. Regardless of your stance on this situation its none of our jobs to judge or condem him.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think that's the case, I think people genuinely care about AJ because of his on the field efforts the last 4 years. If he is found guilty I don't think people will hate him but will take the stance of its a real shame he could have done big things. Regardless of your stance on this situation its none of our jobs to judge or condem him.

I'm not judging, I hope he's innocent. I just stated that on some of the comments I've seen. But if he's guilty, crap on him.

Reactions: 1 person

The speedy trial is asserted by and is for defendants in custody. AJ is not in custody. The grand jury can return a no bill choosing not to indict, and without further evidence this outcome would make the case effectively closed clearing the way for him to be drafted without this hanging over his head. If he is indicted, well, it's a different story.

VN Store

Back