Is Florida the most important game of 2015?

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
Is there any viable excuse for the Vols to lose to Florida in 2015?

We've got to throw down the gauntlet. We've got to lay down a marker. It's Dale Carter 2 time. It's Peyton Manning to Joey Kent time.

It's the most important game of 2015. We've got to establish a new sheriff in the East. We've got to get this monkey off our back. We've got to let the world know that Butch has got this and McEnroe, McElway, whoever is coaching down there just picked the wrong time to try to make a name. It's gonna be 9 in a row the other way.

If the single focus of Butch, Debord, and Jancek from now until Sept 27th is defeating Florida, their minds are in the right place.

It will be Volmaggedon if we lose. It will be Mance Rayder riding to the Sunsphere with 100,000 mattresses and lighting the biggest fire the East has ever seen.

Beat Florida 2015. GBO!

Reactions: 22 people
If you're on pitchfork / mattress lookout duty, yes. Florida is the most important game to keep an eye on.

If you're looking toward a possible championship run, though, I think Georgia is the key game. Can't reasonably get to the SEC CG without going through them.

(rationale: if we lose to GA, that means we likely lose to Bama as well, because Bama's the bigger challenge of the two ... if we've lost 2 SEC games, that means GA would have to lose 3 games for us to leapfrog them ... and just don't see GA losing 3 SEC games this year, particularly if they've beaten us)

EDIT: put differently ... PESSIMIST = Florida game most important ... OPTIMIST = Georgia game ... IN BETWEEN = Arkansas & Missouri.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Bear Bryant used to say he never lost a game, he was only behind when the clock ran out. Same thing with the Vols this year. As long as we aren't behind when the clock runs out we should win them all. What are you worried about?:crazy:

No, screw Florida I want to nail Bama. Where I live there is 1 FL fan but like 30 Bammers. I can't stand the thought of them beating us - again.

The most important games to win SECE are UGA and FL. UGA because they usually go 7-1 or 6-2 and FL in order to give us wiggle room

Reactions: 2 people
Arkansas will be the biggest game for us IMO. I think after that would be Florida. I think Florida will be the key to beating Geogia from a momentum stand point. Florida will be huge for fans but Arky will be a bad one to lose.

You never know. In October who saw Arkansas blowing out Ole Miss 30-0?

Ya I know Booger said last year "nobody wants to play Tennessee right now" ( that was after the Carolina game I think) I think nobody wants to play Arkansas that is a hell of a team. They will be very tough.

In 2003 nobody gave us a chance to beat Miami On the road. We won. 10-6. So Bama may not be such a stretch

I didn't read the post, but I'm 21 and I can't remember us beating them. So Hell Ya!!!

When I started following the Vols in the 60's, Florida had only beaten UT once in history. But when we started playing them every year under the new schedule alignment, and Spurrier took over, we almost never beat them.

I used to loathe Spurrier because we couldn't beat him and he always rubbed it in. But the ones I should have loathed were the coaching staff at UT for NOT being able to scheme against Spurrier's offenses to at least slow them down enough to give us chances in some of those games.

Now, I respect and like Spurrier and actually pull hard for USC east when they are not playing the Vols.

I wanna kick the snot out of Florida even more than the cheatin tide. As if I needed a reason to hate the Gators even more, they go and hire a former Bammer player/coach. What a freaking combination. A Bammer as the head coach of the Gators! The very idea is nauseating. They are going down, you here me! DOWN DOWN DOWN! Book it now.

Tennessee 29 jorts lizards 6

Is there any viable excuse for the Vols to lose to Florida in 2015?

We've got to throw down the gauntlet. We've got to lay down a marker. It's Dale Carter 2 time. It's Peyton Manning to Joey Kent time.

It's the most important game of 2015. We've got to establish a new sheriff in the East. We've got to get this monkey off our back. We've got to let the world know that Butch has got this and McEnroe, McElway, whoever is coaching down there just picked the wrong time to try to make a name. It's gonna be 9 in a row the other way.

If the single focus of Butch, Debord, and Jancek from now until Sept 27th is defeating Florida, their minds are in the right place.

It will be Volmaggedon if we lose. It will be Mance Rayder riding to the Sunsphere with 100,000 mattresses and lighting the biggest fire the East has ever seen.

Beat Florida 2015. GBO!
I totally agree that Florida is the most important game of the season, but right now the focus should be on preparing for the opener against Bowling Green. One at a time.

Reactions: 4 people
When I started following the Vols in the 60's, Florida had only beaten UT once in history. But when we started playing them every year under the new schedule alignment, and Spurrier took over, we almost never beat them.

I used to loathe Spurrier because we couldn't beat him and he always rubbed it in. But the ones I should have loathed were the coaching staff at UT for NOT being able to scheme against Spurrier's offenses to at least slow them down enough to give us chances in some of those games.

Now, I respect and like Spurrier and actually pull hard for USC east when they are not playing the Vols.

I still don't like the ***** myself, but a lot of fans do now that A) He isn't at Florida and B) he ain't half the coach he was in the 1990's. My hate for him never waned. He's still a prick.

I wanna kick the snot out of Florida even more than the cheatin tide. As if I needed a reason to hate the Gators even more, they go and hire a former Bammer player/coach. What a freaking combination. A Bammer as the head coach of the Gators! The very idea is nauseating. They are going down, you here me! DOWN DOWN DOWN! Book it now.

Tennessee 29 jorts lizards 6

JR, I'll give you a pass this time since you are relatively new.. but NEVER say "book it" on VN! It's a fact that when the "book its" come out they always backfire! So now you know

Yes beating Florida is the MOST important goal for us in 2015. My hatred for them is unmatched by any other rival including bama. They have owned us for 10 freaking years now. The thought of draining the swamp this year is so damn sweet my teeth hurt.

Reactions: 3 people
Every year that we "think" we should win, it turns out there's a good reason we shouldn't.

In 2012, we had no speed on defense and UF exposed it (although they also exposed our offense as being far too reliant on big pass plays).

In 2014, they sucked/were average everywhere except their defensive line, which was a nightmare for our immobile QB guarded by one of the worst offensive lines in FBS.

This season, we should win or tie at nearly every matchup on the field. There is truly no excuse to not beat them. That said, I'm still extremely hesitant to call it a win based on the history of the rivalry.

It's not the most important game of the season but a must win. I think we really need to beat Georgia to be a contender. We've came so close the past two years and came up short. We need to solidify our dominance by taking down those two rivals.

Remember no Citrus without UT. Remember the Gaffney non TD catch drop.Remember the smugness of Meyer. Finally remember 10-9 loss in a checkered Neyland.

They have earned the ass stopping we are going to lay on them this year.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back