The ESPN hype machine is on full blast - New years 6 Bowls

Lots of hype coming from ESPN. Everyones expectations are high for next year but is ESPN taking it to a new level? I hope they're right.

From their Predicted New Years 6 Matchups

"Sugar Bowl: Tennessee-Baylor
I wanted to pick one more surprise, and this is it. But there are good reasons to like Tennessee, even though the Vols may still be a year away from being a top-10-caliber team. Joshua Dobbs was inserted to the lineup halfway through last season but still managed to finish 21st in Total QBR and looks like a star in the making. Tennessee has 18 returning starters and plenty of experience on both sides of the line. The Vols also are coming off back-to-back top-five recruiting classes. And while no SEC schedule is easy, only the trip to Tuscaloosa looks like a probable loss. Ten wins for this team isn't a stretch. On the other side, Baylor over TCU for this spot was maybe the toughest decision I had to make. In the end, I think TCU's road schedule is more difficult, and Baylor has the experience playing with a target on its back that TCU lacks."

Reactions: 18 people
2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5547528dbd444ea3dfe48abc7.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
While it'd be awesome to see us play at that high of a level in 2015, I'm gonna have to say pump the brakes just a little bit. 8-4 is still the realistic expectation IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
While I love all the positive hype I think we need to pump the brakes on the expectations. We will be vastly improved this year, but I just don't see us being improved that much.

Reactions: 3 people
Words will not do justice to how hammered I'll be on Bourbon Street if this by some miracle comes true.

Sun shine pumper here. If the defense improves as much in year 3 as it did in year 2 and the offense just does their part anything IS possible. GBO

Reactions: 2 people
I would definitely be painting the town Orange. Acme Oyster House...here I come!

So he thinks we win 10 games and are East Champs

Its possible but not likely, I do think its funny how some of the so called "sunshine pumpers" are trying to pump the brakes now that expectations are on the rise for UT and Coach Jones and they should be although I dont think UT will win the east this year.

While I love all the positive hype I think we need to pump the brakes on the expectations. We will be vastly improved this year, but I just don't see us being improved that much.

To heck with that. I'm a Navy guy...in the words of ADM David Farragut:

Damn the Torpedoes! Full Speed Ahead!

We gon' kick their azz! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back