According to Athlon, we lose

Good deal.........This will finally give the Butch Bashers on here something to hang their hats on.

Reactions: 7 people
Not a lot of science in that...all in all they're guessing like we are...weren't they the one that graded Stoops as a better hire than Butch?

Reactions: 20 people
Well, like I have said in other forums we cant expect HURD to run over players for another year, If Debord brings a running game that will open holes the passing plays will be easy...why didn't Peyton Manning make it back to the Superbowl, they couldn't run the ball...who won...they team that keep getting 4 yards a play...passing or running it...it simply works

Well, like I have said in other forums we cant expect HURD to run over players for another year, If Debord brings a running game that will open holes the passing plays will be easy...why didn't Peyton Manning make it back to the Superbowl, they couldn't run the ball...who won...they team that keep getting 4 yards a play...passing or running it...it simply works

Don't you know? Peyton was just making EXCUSES.:)

Can't hang the hat on the opinion. But what is amazing is that 14 of 16 teams changed coordinators. All those that talk about how we can't lose somebody should look at that. Assistants come and go with regularity. Even back when, Fulmer keeping his crew was an anomaly. My biggest fear is that if the plan truly is to groom Azzani for the OC position, we are never going to actually see him as an OC. He'll be a HC at some smaller school before he actually gets promoted in Knoxville.

This is nothing but 1 persons opinions and guesses.

He had to write something and guesses is all he can do since there's no facts on the field yet to base anything on.

Under the circumstances I think buTch made smart moves with DeBord, coach Z and coach G.

End of the season will tell us more.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Everybody hates us..typical VN response...lol

He is an outsider looking in and that's his view n the only way to prove him wrong is win n 2015..but its like mama at the football field.. Everybody is picking on little jimmy n leave him alone... Lol

Everybody n I mean everyone expected a different type oc to be hired n most r scratching their heads on this one..

Butch believes in him so now he either proves he was right or he is fools 2.0. IMO I hope he is right

Reactions: 1 person
Yea well we lost 3 years ago to when we hired Butch Jones, how's that workin out for all the nay sayers???

I noticed that "the chief" was not with LSU anymore. Anyone know where he ended up? Thanks.

Can't hang the hat on the opinion. But what is amazing is that 14 of 16 teams changed coordinators. All those that talk about how we can't lose somebody should look at that. Assistants come and go with regularity. Even back when, Fulmer keeping his crew was an anomaly. My biggest fear is that if the plan truly is to groom Azzani for the OC position, we are never going to actually see him as an OC. He'll be a HC at some smaller school before he actually gets promoted in Knoxville.

So, you want Azzani for OC. Butch wants DeBord for some reason. Why? I guess your reason for Azzani over DeBord is better than CBJ's? Do you know something that Butch doesn't? Or, does Butch know something that you don't? HMMMMMMM?

Here is what they said. Nothing new really. Its noteworthy that they leave out his work in the NFL.

TennesseeMike DeBord is maybe the most fascinating hire in the SEC this year. He hasn’t coached any football since 2012, hasn’t been relevant in college football since leaving Michigan in '07 and hasn’t been a QB coach since '86. He knows Butch Jones extremely well, brings continuity to the offense and maybe even adds a much-needed power running element. And Michigan did go to two Rose Bowls during his last stint in Ann Arbor. But the game has changed dramatically since then, and normally, there is a reason someone hasn’t held a meaningful position in nearly a decade. DeBord is extremely experienced but there are reasonable questions about his upside, ability to develop young talent and knowledge of the way today's SEC works - See more at: SEC Coordinator Carousel Winners and Losers for 2015 | AthlonSports.com

VN Store

Back