An early look at the schedule

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Taking a break from coach DeScussions.

As much as I don't like Oklahoma being the 2nd game I am glad there's a easier game between them and travelling to the all important Gator battle. If things dont go well against OU they will need another game to fix things.
Very glad they get the next two at home. Arkansas and Georgia will be dogfights and those 2 and OU being at home is huge IMO.
I am pleased with how the home/away games fell. Good year to make a jump...
The break is in a good spot. What do yall think?

Reactions: 1 person

As much as I don't like Oklahoma being the 2nd game I am glad there's a easier game between them and travelling to the all important Gator battle. If things dont go well against OU they will need another game to fix things.
Very glad they get the next two at home. Arkansas and Georgia will be dogfights and those 2 and OU being at home is huge IMO.

We gonna whip Oklahoma's azz you just wait and see.

I just want to beat Florida. Get the momentum going in confrence play with a win, instead of starting 0-1.

Reactions: 2 people

IMHO the break is the only break we'll get. Another knock down, drag out year in the SEC.
There's no way I can sit here and say anything except we better strap it on tight and come to fight for sixty. Gonna be good.
GO VOLS!

I think we will either split or go three and one in games against Oklahoma Florida Georgia and Arkansas

Here is my way to early predictions:

BG - W
Oklahoma - W
West Carolina - W
@ Florida - W
Arkansas - W
Georgia - L
@ Bama - L
@ Kentucky - W
South Carolina - W
North Texas - W
@ Mizzou - W
Vandy - W

10-2 (losses to Bama and UGA)
SEC East Champs
Lose to Auburn in the SEC Championship Game

Reactions: 7 people
First let me say that I do expect to win,
That said, Bowling Green can flat out move the football and score points. Tennessee does not need to be sputtering on offense and get into a boat race with these guys.. Offensively they run exactly the passing game spread offense Butch wants Tennessee to run.. Got to be ready. 2nd Oklahoma may not be a top 5 team but they will definitely be a top 20 type team with more depth than Tennessee, (Vols haven't built depth yet, that's another year away). Florida in the Swamp will be exactly that, Florida in the Swamp...
Three reasons for Tennessee to focus every single day from now till Sept on getting much much better.

BG - W
Oklahoma - W
West Carolina - W
@ Florida - W
Arkansas - W
Georgia - L
@ Bama - L
@ Kentucky - W
South Carolina - W
North Texas - W
@ Mizzou - W
Vandy - W

SEC East Champs

UGA is not an automatic loss this year, nor is 'Bama.

Hope you used pencil on your calendar.

We are still not to the point where we can endure injuries, and injuries will happen, that's the main reason I hate losing so many players in Dec and Jan. We need their depth.

Why does everyone automatically mark UGA down as a loss?? I think we've come to close the last 2 years and recruited way to well, to lose to them in Knoxville this year. Just my opinion.

At least you added a few more words but cmon man.

If all you nega Vols can not see what's going on at UT then you need to go pull for Bama or some other team. We will beat Oklahoma and Florida I believe we get to 8 or 9 wins this year. We been playing Georgia tough since Butch has been here with a lot less talent. We have them and S Carolina at home this year. Bama, Georgia, and Arkansas will be our toughest games and we have two of them at home. It will be between Tennessee and Georgia for the SEC east this year.

First let me say that I do expect to win,
That said, Bowling Green can flat out move the football and score points. Tennessee does not need to be sputtering on offense and get into a boat race with these guys.. Offensively they run exactly the passing game spread offense Butch wants Tennessee to run.. Got to be ready. 2nd Oklahoma may not be a top 5 team but they will definitely be a top 20 type team with more depth than Tennessee, (Vols haven't built depth yet, that's another year away). Florida in the Swamp will be exactly that, Florida in the Swamp...
Three reasons for Tennessee to focus every single day from now till Sept on getting much much better.

1. Bowling Green- Have you seen our incoming defense next year? I am not concerned with Bowling Green.

2. Oklahoma- This will be a tough game. It will also be our coming out party, so to speak. The defense will win this one for us. True, our depth will be young but it's the first time in years we have have had any depth. Talented depth at that. Add to the mix a rocking Neyland? I think our boys pull this one off.

Reactions: 4 people
Why does everyone automatically mark UGA down as a loss?? I think we've come to close the last 2 years and recruited way to well, to lose to them in Knoxville this year. Just my opinion.

Georgia is beatable and I see us, at the very least, putting a scare into bama.

BG - W
Oklahoma - W
West Carolina - W
@ Florida - W
Arkansas - W
Georgia - L
@ Bama - L
@ Kentucky - W
South Carolina - W
North Texas - W
@ Mizzou - W
Vandy - W

SEC East Champs
We are not losing to Georgia in 2015.

BG - W
Oklahoma - W
West Carolina - W
@ Florida - W
Arkansas - W
Georgia - L
@ Bama - L
@ Kentucky - W
South Carolina - W
North Texas - W
@ Mizzou - W
Vandy - W

SEC East Champs

I'd actually change the UGA game to a potential W and the Mizzou game to a potential L. We always play UGA tough. And seems like we haven't been able to make the jump on Mizzou yet.

I want to beat Bama like a red headed stepchild though.

Right up front: I think we'll handsomely win the games we should win: BG, W Caro, Ky, N Tex, Vandy.

I think we welcome Oklahoma to Neyland and then play hearts-pounding-we-waited-eight-months-to-get-going-again" football, shocking OU with our speed and physicality. It's a touchdown spread and didn't even feel that close. The talking heads call it the "new Vols' coming of age game."

We roll into the Swamp 3-0 and dominate them in a way that we haven't in many, many years. Their defense makes us a little nervous early, but then our O shakes itself out of a stupor and finishes strong.

Arkansas is touted as the first (SEC) East versus West game that matters of the year, with two hot "up and coming teams" (Bama-Ga and Gators-Ole Miss are playing later the same day in an East-West triple header). We show Arkansas that we've arrived before them.

At 5-0, we face the most important battle of the year in Georgia ... normally, that'd be Bama, but this year, beating Georgia is our ticket to the SEC Championship. And it's a tough, tough game that could go either way. I'mo let you fill in the blank, whether we won or not.

We spend an off week getting healthy again, then head down to 'Bama. Unfortunately, the wear and tear of the first half the year, and their home game advantage, is a little too much for our young team. We lose by two points, but were fighting for a win right down the the last 30 seconds.

After that, it's all downhill. We handle Ky, Spurrier's depleted gang, a Mizzou team that is no longer more physical in the trenches than us (Richmond and McKenzie are both starters for this game), and of course, Vandy.

And that's how it's gonna happen. Don't worry about being overconfident. Worry about how you're gonna get tickets to Atlanta in December. :good!:

Last edited:

That's about where I am. Although outside of Bama, I can't decide where the other 3 losses come from. At UF, at Mizzou, and at UGA are good bets though. I think our D can handle OU's run game and being at home will help.

VN Store

Back