Terrible O Line Debord

MDBJJC

Recruiting is fun
Our O line was horrible this year. Coach Debord like Fulmer is an O line man! Good! We need the help in the worst way possible. Man has coached the best QB in recent history. He is a NC winner! Welcome Coach!

Our worst position is now being coached by a proven O line coach!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
Out O line was horrible this year. Coach Debord like Fulmer is an O line man! Good! We need the help in the worst way possible. Man has coached the best QB in recent history. He is a NC winner! Welcome Coach!

Unfortunately Most of our upperclassmen on the OL are average at best... Maybe he is a miracle worker

Reactions: 1 person
Loved it after Coach Majors promoted CPF to OC...about that time the TVA OL launched...power running galore! Not saying Debord will replicate that, but the possibility is exciting.

Reactions: 3 people
Out O line was horrible this year. Coach Debord like Fulmer is an O line man! Good! We need the help in the worst way possible. Man has coached the best QB in recent history. He is a NC winner! Welcome Coach!

Is that the best you could do with the thread title?

Reactions: 6 people
DeBord is said to be coaching QBs along with GA Sheridan. I am sure as OC he will have a hand with the OL, RBs, WRs and TEs as well.

Reactions: 2 people
because an OC would have absolutely nothing to do with the OL at all, right? :ermm:
because we have 3 freshman backup qb's that must be developed in a hurry and a coach who hasn't called plays in for ever and will be running a different system ....so you think he will coach the o-line too? Lmao

I'm not happy with DeBord (but hopeful to be wrong). That said, even with his OC and QB coaches title, if you don't think he'll have some say in the OL, you're nuts.

Reactions: 7 people
because we have 3 freshman backup qb's that must be developed in a hurry and a coach who hasn't called plays in for ever and will be running a different system ....so you think he will coach the o-line too? Lmao

He won't be running a different system...most likely he will emphasize more physicality tho.

Where is this different system coming from .... he is running the same system. Nothing is supposed to change

Hasn't called plays in forever? Smdh. You act like he's been locked in a cellar with no TV or radio. Maybe the armchair coaches on VN could help him understand the game. Even Fulmer said you don't just forget how to coach.

Reactions: 13 people
The DeBord hire is starting to make sense when I consider Bajakian was the only OC Butch has ever had as head coach. Safest, smoothest transition possible is what Butch went for. I wasn't excited about the hire, but put in context it was probably the best move he could have made being in year 3 with studs everywhere and the 8 win minimum expectation that is on this team.

I'm okay with the hire because it's who bUTch wanted. Debord will coach the offense and QB's though, he is not coaching the O-line, only scheming plays around them.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

With the huge linemen Tennessee has signed,the offensive line will be awesome in the future. It'll be like those great offensive lines of the 1990s.

because an OC would have absolutely nothing to do with the OL at all, right? :ermm:

Yeah, I can see it now.

DeBord: Butch, I've noticed a few things with the O-line that could use some adjusting. I feel like if I could work with them a little it would help get our offense going.

Butch: No! That's not what I hired you to do. You stay the hell away from that O-line. Mahoney will figure it out eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I'm okay with the hire because it's who bUTch wanted. Debord will coach the offense and QB's though, he is not coaching the O-line, only scheming plays around them.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke
As a former O lineman himself and as a former O line coach and as our OC, Coach Debord will HEAVILY influence the line play.

Reactions: 4 people

Not running a different system. You Obviously have not been paying attention.

Pretty sure any OC will coach the coaches at every position in the offense. Pretty sure that an OC will coach the players to some degree at every position in the offense. Fact

Reactions: 4 people
Pardon me, but the poor offensive line play was not due to the coach. He had them playing damn good the last 5 games of the season! :lolabove:
Debord will have input but I hardly think it is needed.

Pardon me, but the poor offensive line play was not due to the coach. He had them playing damn good the last 5 games of the season! :lolabove:
Debord will have input but I hardly think it is needed.

O line was inexperienced and not talented. last 5 games we played against poor competition. I remember the Mizzou game...there was no O line. In addition, we have a running QB towards the end of the season that compensated for the poor O line play by scrambling away from the pressure. Look at the stats...O line was one of the worst in the country. Worley almost lost his life.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back