ESPN Preseason FPI ranks UT #14

1st in special teams. Interesting. We play 3 teams ahead of us and one team right behind us which will be a toss up. I think 8-4 looks right.

Reactions: 7 people
1st in special teams. Interesting. We play 3 teams ahead of us and one team right behind us which will be a toss up. I think 8-4 looks right.

I think 8-4 will probably be the consensus prediction for Team119.

Reactions: 14 people
Cool ranking but I think Tennessee goes 8-4 and that will probably warrant a #20-#25 ranking.

I think 14 is the same as the recent article posted which ranked teams by their four year average recruiting ranking. Interesting.

Reactions: 2 people
seriously where did the #1 for Special Teams come from

I think it makes sense. Our special teams were pretty good last year. We're going to have dangerous kick returning and punt returning. Kick coverage is great.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it makes sense. Our special teams were pretty good last year. We're going to have dangerous kick returning and punt returning. Kick coverage is great.

I just can't trust that when Florida State has like the greatest kicker of the last decade and has their special teams come in at 28

Reactions: 1 person
Said 8-4 several months ago. So this looks like it backs it up. We might get lucky and get 9-3 but those calling for 10-2, 11-1 are not realistic. I think 2016 is looking really great for us. GBO

14th is about right for us next year. Vanderbilt is also ranked 14th out of a total of 14 SEC teams.

Aahh yes - the world is returning to normal !

Reactions: 5 people

The special teams stat sticks out to me. Butch and his coaches does a good job there. Even Palardy got better his last year after Butch took over. Remember the play against Arkansas on the kick off when there was about 10 missed tackles and we made Sports center top 10 for the wrong reason.

Reactions: 1 person
The special teams stat sticks out to me. Butch and his coaches does a good job there. Even Palardy got better his last year after Butch took over. Remember the play against Arkansas on the kick off when there was about 10 missed tackles and we made Sports center top 10 for the wrong reason.

If only I could forget that embarrassment of a football play. Everyone has to remember that, unfortunately. Classic Dooley

VN Store

Back