Did Bajakian leave on his own terms?

Dougie_D

We all know that Butch is loyal. And it seems like he only goes after people who he's previously worked with.

Bajakian and Butch were together for 10 years. 2 years as QB coach while Butch was OC and DeBord was the HC.

How long has Bajakian been itching to go back to the NFL? Did he just use CBJ until they got to a job like Tennessee?

Does anybody know if he left on his own terms or was he kind of forced out?

Very good question...My belief is that Butch was disgruntled with the offense by the end of the season and even more so after watching power running out of Ohio State's spread in the playoffs. He most likely wanted to change some of the emphasis in the scheme and Coach Jake may not have been on board with the scope of it. Who knows? :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person
This has seemed interesting since the news broke. I wonder if he was forced out and Butch let him appear to leave on his own terms because of their relationship.

All signs point to it being a career oriented move. He'd been in the NFL before with Lovie Smith. He's making more money. And no way they'd force out an OC a couple of weeks before signing day by choice.

Reactions: 11 people
I think that by the end of the season that BJ had to realize that the schemes he was using to run the ball would not work in the SEC and realized a change needed to be made. Now who knows what went on behind closed doors to lead to MB leaving.

I think that by the end of the season that BJ had to realize that the schemes he was using to run the ball would not work in the SEC and realized a change needed to be made. Now who knows what went on behind closed doors to lead to MB leaving.

Weren't we running it pretty well at the end of the season?

Reactions: 10 people
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Jake hitched his wagon to Butch for around a decade in order to use him for a better job?

Reactions: 3 people
Very good question...My belief is that Butch was disgruntled with the offense by the end of the season and even more so after watching power running out of Ohio State's spread in the playoffs. He most likely wanted to change some of the emphasis in the scheme and Coach Jake may not have been on board with the scope of it. Who knows? :dunno:

That's the thing. If that was the case, then I'm wondering if similar talks happened at CMU and Cincy but didn't have any opportunities to move somewhere else until now.

The timing was incredibly odd.

That's the thing. If that was the case, then I'm wondering if similar talks happened at CMU and Cincy but didn't have any opportunities to move somewhere else until now.

The timing was incredibly odd.

It wasn't even slightly odd. Dirk Koetter became the new OC in Tampa Bay in mid January and the previous QB coach wasn't retained. A week later, Bajakian was hired.

Reactions: 4 people
Weren't we running it pretty well at the end of the season?

I thought we ran it well at times during the season and really well against Iowa but to be successful in the SEC this offense is going to have to be able to line up in 3rd and short and run it for the first down and that is where they struggled. I believe that Debord sold it to BJ that he could fix that and BJ had confidence that he could.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that Jake hitched his wagon to Butch for around a decade in order to use him for a better job?

Quite possible. It's also quite possible that CBJ had a dream to land in the NFL one day too, but Bajakian took the first opportunity. Who knows.

4ddb349345a6377085d8eb6a2ccd9d2d165d31fa2637ed58dc1c4c2bcb12ee46.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
Quite possible. It's also quite possible that CBJ had a dream to land in the NFL one day too, but Bajakian took the first opportunity. Who knows.
Bajakian has already spent a couple of years in the NFL.

I was more worried about play calling when Worley was running read option when everybody in the stadium knew he was going to keep it than I was later in the season when Dobbs was at qb.

It was a little square peg/round hole to me.

It wasn't even slightly odd. Dirk Koetter became the new OC in Tampa Bay in mid January and the previous QB coach wasn't retained. A week later, Bajakian was hired.

So you think Bajakian left on his own?

When Butch was hired he said he doesn't brand his offense he simply forms his offense around the personel he has. That was either a lie or they don't know what the heck they are doing. If he thought Worley was set up for the read option he has lost his mind.

We ran IMO the worst offense possible for a high school Oline that we have. Very slow developing run plays is ridiculous. I hope Debord improves this offense. It won't take much. I really can't think or a worse candidate to hire that was available. I don't see the benefit in bringing this old geezer in. Butch needs to step out of his conservative little bubble and be a man and make a real hire. This was a chicken sh*t move.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back