Beware Rumor Starters

VolinMichigan

Lifelong member of the Good Guys Club
sorry I could post the link due to some Nsfw language in the title but it's on the front page of deadspin right now. Basically some guys on a WMU message board were spreading rumors about the wife of a prominent booster sleeping with the head coach. She is now suing three individuals for 25k each. Watch yourselves rumor peddlers. Mods feel free to move this but I thought it would be appropriate for the football forum rumor mill.

Reactions: 3 people
None of My Business

Attachments

• Lipton_Kermit.png
    Lipton_Kermit.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
What the hell does this have to do with UT football?

IS Mike Debord going to sue VolNation into oblivion?

Reactions: 2 people
Is this what VN has come to?

I'm pretty sure that "starting a rumor" that a kid is leaving the football team and accusing someone of adultery are on two totally different things...

Reactions: 2 people
I thought this article was pertinent, not for the subject matter of the suit, but for the general concept that people could be sued for making up false, and/or defame rumors about someone on an anonymous message board.

And on the paragon of truth and logic that is Volnation, I'm sure no one has ever made up false and/or defame rumors involving players, coaches, or former players before.

And I'm sorry for not including the link because I thought including a link with profanity in it would violate Freak's rules involving profane and sexually explicit material. Just trying to respect his rules. For those interested, the story is on the front page of deadspin.com.

I thought this article was pertinent, not for the subject matter of the suit, but for the general concept that people could be sued for making up false, and/or defame rumors about someone on an anonymous message board.

And on the paragon of truth and logic that is Volnation, I'm sure no one has ever made up false and/or defame rumors involving players, coaches, or former players before.

And I'm sorry for not including the link because I thought including a link with profanity in it would violate Freak's rules involving profane and sexually explicit material. Just trying to respect his rules. For those interested, the story is on the front page of deadspin.com.

My first post was just some good natured ribbing. I went to Deadspin and read the article. To your point, if someone files a lawsuit they can/will find out who you are.

Hey you dummies spreading rumors. Don't. Now watch as I spread a rumor. And post in in "Tennessee Football" even though it has nothing to do with Tennessee Football. Also, pay attention to what you're doing. Freak has specific boards for specific porpoises. Post relevant content where it belongs.

#BestStaffInAmerica #DeBordTheBored #2YardsAndACloudOfDust #3AndOutWildOut

Publishing content about a married woman sleeping with the head coach is waaaaaaay different than rumors/speculation about who will transfer and what coach we will get next.

Is this what VN has come to?

I'm pretty sure that "starting a rumor" that a kid is leaving the football team and accusing someone of adultery are on two totally different things...

What????? We have kids leaving the program because they are sleeping with someones wife?????

Yep, that's how crap gets started.......

Amazingly appropriate!! :good!:
cosby.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back