Butch tells Volnation "Shut-up and strap-in"

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
With the hiring of Mike Debord, Butch has sent a clear message to Volnation: "Shut-up and strap-in."

This hire means that Butch believes the Vols will win the East in 2015 and beyond.

High-octane OCs with offenses 70 spots higher than Mike Bajakian's (despite being on less money) were not needed. The guy who designed 3-plays that won Charles Woodson the Heisman is all that is required for Championships now.

In essence, Butch has said that sjt18 and MedicT could be co-OCs and he would still win the East.

I've got a lot of faith in Butch, and he has given all of us the ultimate Butch-slap. Butch has got this.

Reactions: 36 people
If Saban can make the playoffs with Kiffin as OC, the sky's the limit for the Butch/DeBord combination.

Reactions: 22 people
With the hiring of Mike Debord, Butch has sent a clear message to Volnation: "Shut-up and strap-in."

This hire means that Butch believes the Vols will win the East in 2015 and beyond.

High-octane OCs with offenses 70 spots higher than Mike Bajakian's (despite being on less money) were not needed. The guy who designed 3-plays that won Charles Woodson the Heisman is all that is required for Championships now.

In essence, Butch has said that sjt18 and MedicT could be co-OCs and he would still win the East.

I've got a lot of faith in Butch, and he has given all of us the ultimate Butch-slap. Butch has got this.

I fear we have lost another member of VN "over the edge." Step away Eddie, it can't be that bad, before it is too late.:superman:

Reactions: 5 people
We had 2 weeks to kick this can. I can understand questioning the hire but Butch gave everyone plenty of warning to vent beforehand and come to terms. It's done and we have a tremendous new class and a ton of promise for 2015 and beyond. Butch may not do it our way but he's consistently improved our FB team so chillax and let the good times roll.

Reactions: 17 people

most important thing he said was " We will still be the youngest team in D-1 football for 2015".

Reactions: 4 people
We had 2 weeks to kick this can. I can understand questioning the hire but Butch gave everyone plenty of warning to vent beforehand and come to terms. It's done and we have a tremendous new class and a ton of promise for 2015 and beyond. Butch may not do it our way but he's consistently improved our FB team so chillax and let the good times roll.

Yes, I think Jones is saying we are going to win and I'm not letting you people screw this up again. Get on board or get out of the way.

Reactions: 6 people
Yes, I think Jones is saying we are going to win and I'm not letting you people screw this up again. Get on board or get out of the way.

I don't know that fans have screwed anything up but I agree Butch has a clear vision of what he wants and will not cave to pressure in making that vision a reality. Even if you dislike the hire I for one think we should like what Butch has done and that he's owning everything he's deciding. We could go the Muschamp route and hire any flashy OC that's available and chew through a ton of them and leave Butch blameless until it's too late. Instead Butch is owning this hire and putting his name and no one else's on the line.

Reactions: 7 people
If Saban can make the playoffs with Kiffin as OC, the sky's the limit for the Butch/DeBord combination.

lil kiffy is huge douche, but one hell of a OC,,,,made Cromp daddy look awesome, with 2 260 lb walk-on olineman, do not like him and hes not a great head guy, but give credit where its due

Reactions: 8 people
lil kiffy is huge douche, but one hell of a OC,,,,made Cromp daddy look awesome, with 2 260 lb walk-on olineman, do not like him and hes not a great head guy, but give credit where its due

He also led USC offense during a dominant run

Ok, we need an OC and evidently here's the profile of the ideal candidate...

1. Has been out of football for 3 seasons
2. Is currently an the Olympic team administrator for a University
3. Hasn't called a game as an offensive coordinator in 8 years
4. Has little to no experience (reported) coordinating/teaching a spread offense. Ran a power I, pro style offense at Michigan
5. Last time he teamed with our current head coach, they lost 34 of 46 games.
6. Hasn't and doesn't coach QBs..... when we have 3 true freshmen QBs coming in who will desperately need to be developed, especially Jennings.
7. He had great success in as a college OC..... in 1997.

Now you tell me.... if we rolled out this profile to you before any names were mentioned and said this is the guy we're looking for, what would you have said.

I'm certainly gonna give Butch my support and trust and DeBord may wind up being wildly successful here, but damn man..... how can anybody be excited about this hire at this point?

Reactions: 16 people

His job, his hire..... Hope he gets it right

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back