Wait and see...

bUTchLookin4Dimez

Commie hater
No one has any idea how it will turn out. Why not just take the wait and see approach instead of spew of at the mouth?

I'm not saying it's a good hire or a bad one, but I do know one thing. While Bajakian was here we barely cracked the top 100 in total offense. We bring in a guy that was consistently having top 50 ranked offenses and we wanna throw ourselves off a bridge. Some of you need a hobby.

Reactions: 7 people
I think most fans just have PTSD from being screwed over by previous coordinator hires (Clawson, Sunseri) so the natural reaction for many of our fans is thinking that the sky is falling.

No one has any idea how it will turn out. Why not just take the wait and see approach instead of spew of at the mouth?

I'm not saying it's a good hire or a bad one, but I do know one thing. While Bajakian was here we barely cracked the top 100 in total offense. We bring in a guy that was consistently having top 50 ranked offenses and we wanna throw ourselves off a bridge. Some of you need a hobby.

well about Bajakian, gotta have an Oline. and you want a top 50 O, gotta be better, but good point, lets see how the staff is set up also.

Debord debators let's just appreciate the fact we are gonna be good. And hope new coach don't muck it up too badly

well about Bajakian, gotta have an Oline. and you want a top 50 O, gotta be better, but good point, lets see how the staff is set up also.

If we have a top 50 Offense we will be winning games. Our defense will get it done. I just find it so stupid that people honestly think they can see the future.

Reactions: 1 person
I also prefer to take the mature, intelligent position.

We don't have all the information yet.

What other coaching staff moves are going to be made?

Will coach Z be made the co O cord, future OC in training?

Who will coach QB's?

Where will DeBord focus most of his time, O line, TE's or what?

There's still lots we don't now about the plan buTch is putting into place.

I prefer to have all the information before making any analysis and forming my opinions.

This may work out really well and nobody will know anything until we see where we're at when next season is over.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
I think most fans just have PTSD from being screwed over by previous coordinator hires (Clawson, Sunseri) so the natural reaction for many of our fans is thinking that the sky is falling.

fans need to get over the past. this team has too much talent on offense for an OC hire to make it or break it. the big thing was just keeping the system in place so the guys don't have to learn anything new.

I completely understand wanting a run and gun offense, they are fun to watch. Oregon has been the darling of CFB for several years with it. However, how many national titles has it produced for them? Now, if they had a dominate defense and could score decently they'd be hard to beat. I'm old school in the fact that defense does win championships. Butch is building one heck of a defense, and our offense has enough weapons to put up points. I honestly don't think DeBord is so bad that our whole team will fall apart. Its been said, but I'll say it again, I'll trust our coach until he gives me reason not to.

I also prefer to take the mature, intelligent position.

We don't have all the information yet.

What other coaching staff moves are going to be made?

Will coach Z be made the co O cord, future OC in training?

Who will coach QB's?

Where will DeBord focus most of his time, O line, TE's or what?

There's still lots we don't now about the plan buTch is putting into place.

I prefer to have all the information before making any analysis and forming my opinions.

This may work out really well and nobody will know anything until we see where we're at when next season is over.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Solid post.

We needed a thread that tells fans to stop spewing and wait to make a judgment. Thanks for stepping up.

fans need to get over the past. this team has too much talent on offense for an OC hire to make it or break it. the big thing was just keeping the system in place so the guys don't have to learn anything new.

An OC can absolutely affect a talent-laden offense. Coaches waste talent all the time. There was this Jim Donnan guy......actually most UGA coaches the last 20 years have been loaded and mismanaged it. Not at all saying it will be the case with Debord, but having talent doesn't mean an OC can't hurt things.

The problem is we have many who post here with the ability to see into the future. They speak in absolutes. Butch is absolutely going to succeed or absolutely fail depending on who is posting at the time. People like you and I are at the disadvantage of having to either wait and see or believe the soothsayers.

I believe in Butch; therefore, I believe in DeBord until given significant reason otherwise.

Last edited:
Butch Jones hasn't given us any reason not to trust him. So we should support this hire until we have reason not to. Its all about the right "fit" and if Butch says it's the right "fit" then it's the right "fit". He knows more about It than all of us put together. So relax.

"Wait and see"

I love how some people act like there's another choice.

There is no other choice, but people feel like they should let everyone know just how pissed they are about it. That way, if it doesn't work out they can say "I told you so", but if it does go well they'll say "man I'm glad I was wrong".
Win, win for them. But seriously, some people just want to *****. Lots of feminine qualities in VN.

I am with you did anyone on here think by the year 15 that we would be competing for the East and maybe alot more in 16 i didnt 2 top 5 recruiting classes and a good start on the 16 class, look where our talent level was when coach Jones took over and look at it now, i got faith in the BUTCHER he has that BIG ORANGE TRAIN ROLLING AND IT IS PICKING UP SPEED QUICK.:rock:

With that logic, why not wait 2 more years, or 3? We've waited over a decade, 2 or 3 more years won't hurt.

This is the problem with our fanbase now. The fanbase has forgotten what it is like to be fans of a winning, relevant program.

I'm going to throw this out there, and I know it may sound a little crazy, but maybe, just maybe, we should aim for better than a top 50 offense?

With that logic, why not wait 2 more years, or 3? We've waited over a decade, 2 or 3 more years won't hurt.

This is the problem with our fanbase now. The fanbase has forgotten what it is like to be fans of a winning, relevant program.

I haven't forgotten. I just realized that all of the b***hing in the world on my part won't change a thing. It's Butch's pony now, he will ride or die. All any of us can do is watch and hope for the best.

VN Store

Back