Top Defense in the East

CNeagleVolFan

Yeah no AJ Johnson anymore, but this is the best defensive line I have seen here in a long time. It has the potential to be a top 10 defense this year, and even most of our second string d-linemen could possibly start at some schools in the SEC. Defense wins championships, and this is the start of something great.

Reactions: 5 people
This group of freshman and sophomores are gonna be special.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree our D is gonna SICK for several years at least!! :rock:

Interesting how this recruiting class has sent all the Negavols crawling back under the wood work! :dance2:

Add in the fact that folks were raving on tv yesterday about how good the offense was and I see SEC East Champions! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Our d line has the nfl comparisons of...
Tuttle=Vince Wilfork (though smaller)
KMac= warren sapp, suh
Barnett= Reggie white
Kyle Phillips= Jevon Kearse

Not saying they will be this good, but this is potentially the level and type of d line we will have. This doesn't even consider Maggit, butcher, etc. we could quite possible have an nfl all pro line here

Can you imagine having this d line for at least the next two-three years? I believe our lb's and db's are strong as well. Could be where 90% of our current d has fruitful nfl careers.

KMac= warren sapp, suh
Barnett= Reggie white

Not saying they will be this good, but this is potentially the level and type of d line we will have. This doesn't even consider Maggit, butcher, etc. we could quite possible have an nfl all pro line here

Can you imagine having this d line for at least the next two-three years? I believe our lb's and db's are strong as well. Could be where 90% of our current d has fruitful nfl careers.

Bartenter, I will have what he is having. It all sounds good to me

Butch will have a lot of Freshmen in the two deep again this year, which is good for recruiting but can cost you some close games. By the end of the season some of them had made the transition to SEC ballers, Hurd and Barnett are great examples. But on the whole it can cost you to play that many inexperienced players. That early matchup with the Sooners in Knoxville is just huge. Winning that game could propel this team to something really special,

The only question I have is they r freshman n the theme for the ol was they r freshman n need to be juniors to be ready.. But but now def freshman r going to make us top 10..

Great rec class n much needed d line help but not sure they will take us top 10.. Top 20 def n better ol play n 9 wins easy imo

The only question I have is they r freshman n the theme for the ol was they r freshman n need to be juniors to be ready.. But but now def freshman r going to make us top 10..

Great rec class n much needed d line help but not sure they will take us top 10.. Top 20 def n better ol play n 9 wins easy imo

I bt u cn rd ths wth no prblm

Reactions: 4 people
So much D potential on the team. UT bout to have the best and one of the biggest Ds in the nation.

While we have indeed addressed the talent issue in my opinion, we still have the youth issue and only time can fix that. Not every young man that comes in can be a Barnett and if people set themselves up expecting that they will be dis appointed

We should definitely at least be in the discussion for SEC east this year but I think 2016 is the breakout year. We are still going to have some 18 and 19 year olds lining up against 20 and 21 year old SEC talent level players.

We're probably overhyping the freshmen (we're college football fans, it's what we do) but even without them a lineup of Barnett, O'Brien, Williams, and Vereen/Maggitt with actual depth behind them is good enough to cause some serious damage.

KMac= warren sapp, suh
Barnett= Reggie white

Whew. For a minute there, I thought you might set the bar at an unrealistic level. :crazy:

We have the biggest D I've seen.

images

Everyone will fear our big D. Its going to fill all the gaps and penetrate deep right through to the ball

VN Store

Back