Bama streak?

Aerie Vol

[posted in Vols forum due to direct impact on our team]

No, I'm not talking about the current win streak vs our Vols. I'm referring to Bama's FIVE straight #1 recruiting classes.

Seriously? Who possibly cannot think they're paying their players - a lot.

I know, I know - Saban, NFL pipeline, championships, etc. There are plenty of reasons for recruits to line up to go there, but...

In the history of recruiting rankings, only one or two other colleges have had back to back #1's. NO ONE has recorded 3 in a row. Now Bama drops 5 straight?

Something ain't right in Alabama.

AV

No, I'm not talking about the current win streak vs our Vols. I'm referring to Bama's FIVE straight #1 recruiting classes.

I know, I know - Saban, NFL pipeline, championships, etc. There are plenty of reasons for recruits to line up to go there, but...

In the history of recruiting rankings, only one or two other colleges have had back to back #1's. NO ONE has recorded 3 in a row. Now Bama drops 5 straight?

AV
You just now figuring this out AV

:)

AV
They have several elite recruiters on that staff, more than one has been recruiter of the year. Lupoi, Kiffin, Smart, Saban, Cristobal, Napier, etc. They have the results to also back up those recruiters as well. Now I definitely do not think they're clean. Even if you have a staff that is clean, boosters will do whatever they want and generally they meddle with or without a coach's consent. That said I do not think a staff with Lupoi or Kiffin on it can be clean.

Reactions: 1 person
There karma is coming one day, kiffin will get them busted.

Don't forget that that 5* means nothing once they put on the pads. It begins there...will the player develop into SEC caliber? Will he stay out of trouble? Will he make the grades?

We have had MANY 5* busts.

As much as I hate to say it...Their facilities are on par with ours and they have won 3 national titles since 2009. Its not surprising that they are reeling in the top talent, kids want to win and play in the NFL.

That said, yeah, you're probably right...they are cheating their a$$es off (at least I hope so)!

As much as I hate to say it...Their facilities are on par with ours and they have won 3 national titles since 2009. Its not surprising that they are reeling in the top talent, kids want to win and play in the NFL.

That said, yeah, you're probably right...they are cheating their a$$es off (at least I hope so)!

Everyone is cheating their asses off.

Reactions: 3 people
There karma is coming one day, kiffin will get them busted.

:wavey: joevol!!

lane-kiffin-karma-butch.png

Reactions: 2 people

AV

Depends on who you ask. 247 and Rivals both have USC with the #1 class right now. Of course, they're paying kids, too. But don't you think we are as well?

Many would argue our back to back top 5 classes are more improbable then Bamas run given the last decade of results.

Reactions: 3 people
Bama is cheating? Is it a day that ends in Y again already?

Last edited:
The problem is that we just don't pay the SEC and NCAA people enough $$$ to ignore us if we cheat too.

The other problem is that Haslem doesn't pay top recruits enough $$$ and remind them that he owns a NFL team to get the best of the best to come to UT.

I thought everyone knew this, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

OP is so typical. Our rival dominates in recruiting, therefore they must be paying their players. In every other state besides Tennessee they are probably saying "Tennessee had a 5-7, and 7-6 season and they pull off back to back top 10 classes? They have to be paying these players". Your homerism is off the charts.

AV

Recruiting rankings haven't really been around long enough for them having the longest streak in 'history' to mean all that much.

I also have a feeling that everyone pays kids one way or another, so I wouldn't read into it too much.

AV

The SEC office located just outside Birmingham, paying $0 rent, cannot be counted on to peek under Bammer's kimono.

AV
No point in being jealous. All Schools in the SEC probably cheat.

Many would argue our back to back top 5 classes are more improbable then Bamas run given the last decade of results.

Truth. Tennessee football was a severely broken brand when we hired Butch, if anybody had told me that he would pull in B2B top 5 recruiting classes I would have laughed at them.

VN Store

Back