Hear Me Volnation Brethern...

Cletus P Fulmer

We must keep Butch at all costs...at all costs. We must give him the respect he now deserves and has EARNED...and I believe he will be a Vol for years to come. He won't be what Fulmer became...lazy, complacent, entitled...keeping dead weight and unproductive coaches on the payroll...this man will work...he is working.

Reactions: 9 people
We must keep Butch at all costs...at all costs. We must give him the respect he now deserves and has EARNED...and I believe he will be a Vol for years to come. He won't be what Fulmer became...lazy, complacent, entitled...keeping dead weight and unproductive coaches on the payroll...this man will work...he is working.

As evidence of that, lets examine Drew Richmond. I grew up in Memphis and played against MUS in late 79-81. That school is practically a feeder system for students (and some athletes) to Ole Miss. The culture at MUS is nearly identical to Ole Miss. Has been this way for years. CBJ went in and after a long, patient, tenacious, up-hill path - DR is finally a Vol. Kudos to CBJ.

Reactions: 12 people
As evidence of that, lets examine Drew Richmond. I grew up in Memphis and played against MUS in late 79-81. That school is practically a feeder system for students (and some athletes) to Ole Miss. The culture at MUS is nearly identical to Ole Miss. Has been this way for years. CBJ went in and after a long, patient, tenacious, up-hill path - DR is finally a Vol. Kudos to CBJ.

LKSQW4D.gif

Reactions: 3 people

I like what Butch has done so far - but let's not get carried away yet.

So far, unlike Fulmer, Butch has no SEC Championships, no National Championship, and he has not beaten Alabama or Georgia.

As evidence of that, lets examine Drew Richmond. I grew up in Memphis and played against MUS in late 79-81. That school is practically a feeder system for students (and some athletes) to Ole Miss. The culture at MUS is nearly identical to Ole Miss. Has been this way for years. CBJ went in and after a long, patient, tenacious, up-hill path and some recruiting help from Khalil .DR is finally a Vol. Kudos to CBJ and Khalil.

Fyp last two lines

confused-o.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Not to mention his coach Bobby Alston is friends with CHF and is from the same hometown in MS. I'm curious...what are the cultural similarities between MUS and Ole Miss?

Not sold on Butch until he wins some games agaisnt teams that matter. You know who I'm talking about. He's proven to be a top recruiter, we're about to see what else he can do.

Reactions: 2 people

Calm down there...Hes one hell of a recruiter and a breath of fresh air after dools and kiffie but he's stillgot a lot to prove. Being an amazing recruiter alone isn't going to win a championship. His new challenge is coaching em up and managing winnable games properly.
We should all definitely be excited about the future but should hold off on that lifetime contract and statue

I love the excitement on the hill no question . This staff is blue collar and it shows with the hard work there putting in. You could ask anyone on this site if they expected this much from the Coach Jones hire and if they said yes there not telling the truth. I'm blown away and I'm going to support this staff because I'm seeing results. And I love what I'm seeing and looking forward to the future. Go Vols

I like Butch and what he's doing but honestly with our facilities and recruiting budget it would take a complete moron (Dooley) not to have top ten classes here every year. We have always been able to get players here. I believe our record will slowly start improving but the field is still the proving ground for any coach.

The biggest thing I worry about is Notre Dame. If Chip Kelly keeps struggling the next couple of years they will let him go. Now they will offer Urban Meyer first (possibly 8 to 10 million/ yr) if he turns it down and Butch puts us back in championship caliber they come after him. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Calm down there...Hes one hell of a recruiter and a breath of fresh air after dools and kiffie but he's stillgot a lot to prove. Being an amazing recruiter alone isn't going to win a championship. His new challenge is coaching em up and managing winnable games properly.
We should all definitely be excited about the future but should hold off on that lifetime contract and statue

God Bless You.

The biggest thing I worry about is Notre Dame. If Chip Kelly keeps struggling the next couple of years they will let him go. Now they will offer Urban Meyer first (possibly 8 to 10 million/ yr) if he turns it down and Butch puts us back in championship caliber they come after him. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Enjoy this day. Also, I cant see Notre Dame firing the Eagles coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Guys, Butch has put together two straight top 5 classes. That deserves respect. This program was in shambles when he took the job. I have not seen anything that says he won't get it done. If anything he has proven he will. NC's are not easy to win, he may not ever win one. That is just reality because so many things have to go the right way.
But he has the pieces in place to compete for a SEC championship. That may not be this upcoming season but soon. It is hard to flip a roster as depleted as we were, he has basically done it in 2 classes. There are still a few more pieces and maturing of other players IMO to win a SEC championship. But we are headed in the right direction and he should have our full support.

Reactions: 5 people
Support coach 100%? CHECK

Trust his recruiting skills? CHECK

Trust his Stewardship of Volunteer traditions? CHECK

Trust his ability to develop and inspire players? CHECK

Trust his coaching staff management? Not yet; upcoming OC hire is first big litmus test

Trust his ability to win games he should win? CHECK

Trust his ability to win tough games? HALF-CHECK ... see how he does with "all his" players

Trust his ability to win games he should really lose? Not yet, gotta see him pulling rabbits

Trust his ability to win championships? Too early for that yet, time will tell

Bottom line: Support is unconditional, trust is building. Trust is so valuable BECAUSE it is earned.

Last edited:

Paranoid yes but it doesn't make you wrong. Butch will not be here forever especially if the administration doesn't give him more financial support to pay assistants. There are coordinators in this conference making well over a million per year and we're paying 500k. That's one reason this next hire will be disappointing. The money pool for our assistants is way on the cheap.

Last edited:
Paranoid yes but it doesn't make you wrong. Burch will not be here forever especially if the administration doesn't give him more financial support to pay assistants. There are coordinators in this conference making well over a million per year and we're paying 500k. That's one reason this next hire will be disappointing. The money pool for our assistants is way on the cheap.

The $$ will come with more wins. See previous post. ADs think that way, too.

Enjoy this day. Also, I cant see Notre Dame firing the Eagles coach.

Good catch Orange.... when these two got hot about the same time, I too was getting confused between them. After these few years, I am extremely relieved I am not the only one this happens to. But if Chip decides to go to ND, he would have them turned around in no time. :thumbsup:

I take pictures for Memphis University School & have watched Drew Richmond grow into a Beast over the last four seasons at MUS......The young man is one of the nicest people I took pictures of at the school.......He is a real Beast on the field and in practice...Look forward to seeing my friend in Orange for the next 4 years!!!!:fireworks::fireworks:

Reactions: 4 people
Good catch Orange.... when these two got hot about the same time, I too was getting confused between them. After these few years, I am extremely relieved I am not the only one this happens to. But if Chip decides to go to ND, he would have them turned around in no time. :thumbsup:

Haha. Just having fun with you. Easy to mix up Chip Kelly and Brian Kelly. Anyway, let's not sweat losing Butch Davis. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Instead of my taxes going to the government, I'm gonna fix it to go straight to Butch.

VN Store

Back