Riyahd Jones in the process of transferring

This was posted in the RF a while back, along with Orta. That's why he was redshirted right? To give him another year of eligibility?

Last edited:
was pretty obvious when maybin switched to #21. All the benchwarmers leaving is normal. Good luck to him. Go to mtsu and beat vandy.

Reactions: 6 people
I hope we aren't going to have (quality) depth issues with a few of our guys transferring.

Reactions: 1 person
Riyahd never played, and we are getting really deep at the back end.

I'm sure he's concerned with not only next years team and not just the secondary. Let's hope there is a plan for this attrition to slow down over the next few years. To win championships, you need quality depth.

I'm sure he's concerned with not only next years team and not just the secondary. Let's hope there is a plan for this attrition to slow down over the next few years. To win championships, you need quality depth.

He was a senior this year and a walk on and a true freshman played over him. They redshirted him so he could transfer somewhere and play the last year of his career.

Reactions: 13 people
He was a senior this year and a walk on and a true freshman played over him. They redshirted him so he could transfer somewhere and play the last year of his career.

I totally get the Riyahd situation. I'm more concerned with the overall amount of attrition. I'm not that surprised at it this year, but I'm hoping it slows down. Most of these guys were brought in to play now. If they aren't playing "now," than they weren't ever going to play at Tennessee. I get that.

The sales message will need to morph to set proper expectations over the next few years.

Reactions: 2 people
While we're on the subject, has it ever been confirmed that Sawyers, Wharton, and Payne are leaving? Have they officially asked for their release or are they still on the roster?

While we're on the subject, has it ever been confirmed that Sawyers, Wharton, and Payne are leaving? Have they officially asked for their release or are they still on the roster?

Payne is at Maryland. Theres been no official news or releases given for Wharton and sawyers. Mike williams is still on roster which is interesting.

I totally get the Riyahd situation. I'm more concerned with the overall amount of attrition. I'm not that surprised at it this year, but I'm hoping it slows down. Most of these guys were brought in to play now. If they aren't playing "now," than they weren't ever going to play at Tennessee. I get that.

The sales message will need to morph to set proper expectations over the next few years.

Addition by subtraction!

Yea I see what your saying, but you've got to expect it when you're bringing in 30ish guys a class. I think the coaches were trying to flip the roster as fast as possible and this is how they did it. After this year the coaches will start bringing in normal sized classes and attrition will go down.

Yea I see what your saying, but you've got to expect it when you're bringing in 30ish guys a class. I think the coaches were trying to flip the roster as fast as possible and this is how they did it. After this year the coaches will start bringing in normal sized classes and attrition will go down.

Exactly. Idk why ppl don't get this.

We have a top 5 class coming in. Got to make room.

VN Store

Back