Anybody got one of these?

Early 90s. My dad had one in his office that he was gifted when I was a kid. No idea if there's any significance or just a novelty. Probably the latter.

Reactions: 1 person
My son loves that thing. Parents have had one for quite a while (since the 90s?)

Reactions: 1 person
Hhh, we're actually going to talk about the 4 pound gorilla in the room.

I was thinking just novelty, but that's just a reaction.

Reactions: 2 people
 family friend gave it to my son. I was just wondering what it was. It works and i think it's pretty cool. Thanks for the input..GBO

family friend gave it to my son. I was just wondering what it was. It works and i think it's pretty cool. Thanks for the input..GBO

I like items such as this. Usually given little attention when their made but as most disappear, really a nice collectible.

They were available a few years ago too. I think Walgreen's sold them.

In today's world, someone would get offended by a gorilla and win a lawsuit claiming racism.

Reactions: 4 people
The gorilla came out in the 90's and is pretty cool.

It was meant to mean that if you played Tennessee you were going to have a tough fight on your hands by playing a big SEC gorilla that's well known for toughness.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

wanna sell it

I probably would if the offer was good.

I got it from the athletic department when I was running a golf course in Knoxville. We did a UT display with some merchandise and they let me borrow it. 6 months later I realized they did not remember I had it. I gave the footballs, cleats, kicking tee, ect to my staff. It sits in a closet at my house, so selling it to someone who would display it more than I do seem logical.

I got it from the athletic department when I was running a golf course in Knoxville. We did a UT display with some merchandise and they let me borrow it. 6 months later I realized they did not remember I had it. I gave the footballs, cleats, kicking tee, ect to my staff. It sits in a closet at my house, so selling it to someone who would display it more than I do seem logical.

Give me a number
I'm interested in it

So returning it to UT wasn't an option?

VN Store

Back