Anyone still worried about Azzanni?

Coug

I really think it'd be a big hit to our program if he left because he's been key in recruiting. The CMU job is still open and if Azzanni were leaving I don't think we'd hear about it either until after NSD. I've been thinking about this more and more the closer we get to NSD. I really hope he's staying. Does anyone have any further info on the situation or heard anything more?

Reactions: 1 person
I really think it'd be a big hit to our program if he left because he's been key in recruiting. The CMU job is still open and if Azzanni were leaving I don't think we'd hear about it either until after NSD. I've been thinking about this more and more the closer we get to NSD. I really hope he's staying. Does anyone have any further info on the situation or heard anything more?

Just my opinion, but I think CZA would already be gone if he is taking the CMU job. My reasoning for this is because of NSD. He would need to be there trying to recruit players for CMU instead of for the Vols.

Reactions: 7 people
Keeping coach Z is a top priority.

That's part of the OC situation too.

This is a very tough situation for buTch so whatever plan he comes up with has to be good for our team and still keep coach Z with us too.

All we can do is wait and see what happens and support our team.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Not worried if we lose him. Butch will just upgrade and get us one step closer to immortality.

Reactions: 1 person
Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football so I always worry about losing a top recruiter especially when he's also our recruiting coordinator.

Top recruiters aren't easy to get.

Reactions: 4 people
In my personal opinion, I believe Butch hires DeBord. With this being said, I believe he brings him in to mentor Azzani and they Co-Offensive coordinators. After a about 2 years, DeBord retires or joins a committee group and Azzani has expierence and we keep a fine young coach.

Reactions: 13 people
In my personal opinion, I believe Butch hires DeBord. With this being said, I believe he brings him in to mentor Azzani and they Co-Offensive coordinators. After a about 2 years, DeBord retires or joins a committee group and Azzani has expierence and we keep a fine young coach.

I posted that in another thread.

AD Hart has to be in this plan.

DeBord as OC for a year or 2 while coach Z gets better trained to become our next OC.

Coach Z stays as WR coach and recruiting coordinator while he trains up to OC position.

AD Hart moves DeBord to a admin position when coach Z becomes OC in a year or 2.

This also gives coach Z time to train up our next recruiting coordinator.

We get a Graduate Assistant as the QB coach maybe even Justin Worley.

DeBord could be a big help to make our O line and TE's better too.

Also his NFL experience and contacts could help with recruiting.

It's a logical plan if this is actually the plan buTch has.

Reactions: 3 people

Yes, because it's about the right fit, and Butch trust Debord.

. . . while coach Z gets better trained to become our next OC.

Coach Z stays as WR coach and recruiting coordinator while he trains up to OC position.

. . .

This also gives coach Z time to train up our next recruiting coordinator.

Without speculating on an OC, this thought has crossed my mind as well.

You give some interesting takes on the other moves - I like the idea of JW as a grad-asst; promote within w/o too much risk.

In the event that he remains here another season, I doudt he will be here in 2016. He seems to be a hot commodity and our enemies ( UGA, Bama, Florida) will try to get him away from us so he can recruit for him......

In the event that he remains here another season, I doudt he will be here in 2016. He seems to be a hot commodity and our enemies ( UGA, Bama, Florida) will try to get him away from us so he can recruit for him......

That's the worry and why we must always keep our best recruiters well paid and happy.

Some programs don't even care if they're good coaches as long as they're top recruiters because some top programs will pay top money for top recruiters even if they're only fair coaches.

I hope that soon AD Hart and the rest of the powers that be learn that if they want Tennessee to be a constant top 10 program they must pay top money especially for top recruiters.

If they don't we'll get stuck as a middle of the pack top 25 team.

Who coaches qbs in this scenario? Neither Z nor DeBord can.

Not worried if we lose him. Butch will just upgrade and get us one step closer to immortality.

I know you are being facetious however there are equal or better coaches out there for the money. He's a very good recruiter but the WR's haven't exactly been overachievers...

Reactions: 2 people

I actually think the co-offensive coordinator idea is a good one. Chances are DeBord may be lured back to the NFL after a couple of years. I'd like to see what Azzani can do with the play calling. Nothing to judge this by, but I would think he'd have a more aggressive mentality than coach Jake.

VN Store

Back