Poll: Which Freshman QB Becomes Dobbs' Backup?

Which Freshman QB earns the #2 spot?

• Total voters

skasper06

With Peterman leaving, which freshman QB will get on the field first if Dobbs is injured or we need some mop up duty?

If I'm making a prediction, I say Jennings changes positions eventually and Jones is the #2.

Reactions: 2 people
Jones. He's much more polished as a passer than Jennings and is a better fit for the offense than Dormady.

Reactions: 1 person
Which freshman beats out Dobbs..that's the question..

I don't think any of them will actually beat out Dobbs... but I'll play along. Say Dobbs starts the season off poorly, beats Bowling Green, gets his butt kicked by Oklahoma, wins in poor fashion against WKU, then gets his butt kicked at Florida....maybe we see a freshman. And if we do, I'm voting Dormady. I think he fits this system more than people give him credit for. And his passing skills are above Jones or Jennings.

Reactions: 4 people
Im constantly amazed at the number of experts on Volnation. Let me act like I know something......Dormandy's arm strength is better than the other two and he is a much better fit for Butches offense. (he's more of a tweener). He ran a similar system in highschool and he is more game ready than the others.

That sounded pretty good, maybe I should be the new OC

If I'm making a prediction, I say Jennings changes positions eventually and Jones is the #2.
Why? Jennings really improved his skills as a QB, not just an athlete, during summer camps and his Senior season. He fits the same mold Dobbs does...he's probably the most athletic of the entire group. Has Dobb's big play capability, and can light teams up when he pulls the ball and runs with it.

Jennings Senior Highlights:
SR. QB Highlights - Jauan Jennings highlights

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28r9p_Ze_7k[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Jones. He's much more polished as a passer than Jennings and is a better fit for the offense than Dormady.
He will also be behind the power curve, with Dormady and Jennings having all Spring to get acclimated to the Offense, and all the scrimmages + O/W game.

Jennings has picked up the offense pretty well in workouts. It will be interesting to see him perform in live action of the spring.

Why? Jennings really improved his skills as a QB, not just an athlete, during summer camps and his Senior season. He fits the same mold Dobbs does...he's probably the most athletic of the entire group. Has Dobb's big play capability, and can light teams up when he pulls the ball and runs with it.

Jennings Senior Highlights:
SR. QB Highlights - Jauan Jennings highlights

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28r9p_Ze_7k[/youtube]

Without a doubt. I can't wait to see him take the next step of development at QB. He took his first snaps at QB 18 months ago. If he develops as much in the next 18 months....watch out! Should be a fun ride. He may very well switch positions, but I don't think so. It just kills me all of the people that have already written him off as moving to defense.

Personally I hope we don't have to find out who #2 is unless it's in mop up duty. We will have the most success if Dobbs stays healthy.....period.

VN Store

Back