Where's the faith in CBJ?

majorvol

CBJ told VN that the UT tradition is in his hands . And he's delivered in bringing back all the things UT. A since of pride and understanding of what we want to achieve. Recriuting classes like we haven't had in years. Players giving there all for UT and playing every second of the game. Excitement that we haven't had in years. I know we all have been beaten down over the last few years, but let's be patient and see what's to come. I believe CBJ wants to get this program back to our glory days. Let us not rush the process and enjoy the ride this time.... I myself want take things for granted like I did in the past. Futures bright show a little faith.

Reactions: 16 people
Just saying the man knows how to get players to come and contribute. I think he knows what kind we need to move forward.

As I've stated many times before, I have hope. I'm not going full trust and faith just yet. Butch has done a lot of good in his time here, now it needs to translate to wins. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: 6 people
As I've stated many times before, I have hope. I'm not going full trust and faith just yet. Butch has done a lot of good in his time here, now it needs to translate to wins. That's just my opinion.

This... until we start beating fla..ga..n bama .....he is still fools n kiff but better recruiting n salesmanship.

I don't care who the coach is personally I just want to be competing for championship again. N:hi:

Reactions: 5 people
We will win for sure. How can you not with the talent he's bringing in

This... until we start beating fla..ga..n bama .....he is still fools n kiff but better recruiting n salesmanship.

I don't care who the coach is personally I just want to be competing for championship again. N:hi:

he is still fools n kiff........? :unsure:

Reactions: 7 people
This topic has been discussed many times before with a wide variety of opinions. In that vain I will give my two cents.

To me, there are three basic camps people come from. One camp says we need to win and win now "with all the talent now on this team." These people typically criticize the coaches when we lose and are the first to jump on the bandwagon of firing the coach when we have difficult times.

Another camp says CBJ is the best thing to happen to Tennessee! I am being a little phecious but you understand my meaning. These people think we will have a NC next year "with all the talent." I guess if we don't I don't know what this group will do.

I am in a third camp. The camp that says Coach Jones has completely changed the attitude of the program, done a fantastic job in recruiting, and at least seems to have a deep love for Vol tradition. Does that mean he is the correct coach for Tennessee? Not so fast, the jury is still out. Do I think at this point in time he will bring us to the promise land? Absolutely! CBJ has done the correct things so far.

However, I realize, even with two GREAT recruiting classes this team is still young! This is NOT an excuse it is a fact! The team next year, primarily made up of freshman and sophomores, will be playing elite programs made up of juniors and seniors!! Again, no excuse just fact! What does that mean to me? Bottom line we will see IMPROVEMENT next year just like we did last year. It also means that the chances for us to win championships or compete for championships is small.

Everyone should relax, be realistic, and give this talented group of players and coaches TIME! Baring significant injuries, you should START seeing this program click towards the end of next year. When 2016 is over we will know if CBJ is the right coach for Tennessee and not before!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I don't do trust. I do however, read national sports sites and see TN name mentioned often again. This makes me at least support him.

I don't mind those who don't support him but I hope they keep this in mind - Being "just a fan" doesn't make your opinion wrong... But stop trying to convince me I should respect it over someone who does a good job (thus far) in their line of work.

Caps Lock and exclamation points don't make opinion - fact.
Nor does posting them in every freaking thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't do trust. I do however, read national sports sites and see TN name mentioned often again. This makes me at least support him.

I don't mind those who don't support him but I hope they keep this in mind - Being "just a fan" doesn't make your opinion wrong but stop trying to convince me I should respect it over someone who does a good job (thus far) in their line of work.

Caps Lock and exclamation marks don't make opinion - fact.
Nor does posting them in every freaking thread.
Now this is a Vol fan having a bad day!

Do you take such a half assed approach to everything in life? Sometimes you just have to have the spine to let go and enjoy the ride. Just wonderin'..............:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
You have to remember that most fans know more than the head coach and are more qualified to make those kind of decisions. That's why 99.99% of most fans have job in something other that coaching. *sarcasm*

Heh, one could almost turn this thread into a psychiatry clinic.

At one end of the spectrum are the people with "intimacy issues," "fear of commitment," who seem perched and ready to leap away from Coach Jones the minute he shows a single flaw or makes a mistake.

At the other end are the emotional "clingy," those who are so desperate for love that they grab onto the current date, Coach Jones, with a death grip. They completely illogically pin all their hopes and dreams onto the person they just met.

And then there are those of us (ok gotta include myself to be fair), who are just Freud wannabes, who have to psychoanalyze everyone and everything.

Folks, it's just football. Coach Jones and his staff are not your personal lords and saviors. Nor are they shysters trying to make a quick buck then leave you with nothing but a half-used bottle of snake oil in hand. Let's don't overplay this whole thing. It's a coaching staff who seem to be doing really well so far rebuilding a program that needed some TLC. Let's wish them well and not worry about grading ourselves on the old Trust And Faith Meter. ;)

Reactions: 12 people
You have to remember that most fans know more than the head coach and are more qualified to make those kind of decisions. That's why 99.99% of most fans have job in something other that coaching. *sarcasm*

I was wondering why you ended this statement with *sarcasm*. Then I remembered where we are posting and realized if you didn't people would take you CEREAL.

I was wondering why you ended this statement with *sarcasm*. Then I remembered where we are posting and realized if you didn't people would take you CEREAL.

Don't worry, there will be several here that will attempt to explain why they know who the correct man it for the job, and that CBJ doesn't. That's right before they head off to their job at Home Depot.

Reactions: 1 person
8 wins minimum next year. It's a reasonable expectation for a coach in his 3rd year with this kind of recruiting success. Anything less and I will become quite snarky in my assessment of his ability to actually coach.

Reactions: 7 people
8 wins minimum next year. It's a reasonable expectation for a coach in his 3rd year with this kind of recruiting success. Anything less and I will become quite snarky in my assessment of his ability to actually coach.

That's where I'm at as well.
8 wins minimum.
The excuse train left town this season.

Reactions: 1 person

What about 7 wins and a last second 1 point loss in a driving rain at an away game?:dunno::)

Reactions: 3 people
Gotcha......just curious at what point people want to break and run instead of finish the job at hand.

VN Store

Back