Cool 2nd hand story bro

plowboy689

Cool story bro..
Today 2 friends were eating at Cracker Barrell in chattanooga. They were sporting their colors and were seated by a large table of folks. When the large table finished, an elderly black man asked if they were attending UT. They were not but said they were VFLs. He said his son played at UT a while back and wanted to know if they had heard of Reggie White. Wow.... Mr Charles White was standing there with his sons Super Bowl ring on. Needless to say they were in awe. Just wanted to pass along..

Reactions: 52 people
I wasn't there but Chase my friend said he googled Charles White and matched up the picture, just had a hard time believing that actually happened. Rest in peace reverend White.

Reactions: 2 people
Cool story bro..
Today 2 friends were eating at Cracker Barrell in chattanooga. They were sporting their colors and were seated by a large table of folks. When the large table finished, an elderly black man asked if they were attending UT. They were not but said they were VFLs. He said his son played at UT a while back and wanted to know if they had heard of Reggie White. Wow.... Mr Charles White was standing there with his sons Super Bowl ring on. Needless to say they were in awe. Just wanted to pass along..

Now this here is an actual cool story, folks.

Link or it didn't happen. Jk! That's awesome. I'm in chattanooga and we definitely get our share of vfl's passing through. The most famous of which is the man himself. Peyton. He lives here part of the year and is spotted hanging around town all the time.

I wasn't there but Chase my friend said he googled Charles White and matched up the picture, just had a hard time believing that actually happened. Rest in peace reverend White.

Charlie and his brother Al were legendary athletes in their own right and played at Howard a High. Had they come along twenty years later, they would have been recruited as well. Charlie is currently a custodian at Tennessee State. He wasn't in Reggie's life for a number of years.

Link or it didn't happen. Jk! That's awesome. I'm in chattanooga and we definitely get our share of vfl's passing through. The most famous of which is the man himself. Peyton. He lives here part of the year and is spotted hanging around town all the time.

I actually spotted Peyton at the Sports Barn about ten years ago.

I would have had to ask: "Any nephews, cousins or links to the family tree that you can point our direction?" At least your friend didn't kiss the ring.. did he?

Good story OP. Great family to bump in to.

:cray: Of all the days to pick I-HOP over Crackerbarrel.

You know my Mom knows his dad from her days at Howard. She saw Reggie and Charles Morgan all the time when she worked there years ago. You will have to ask her about it sometime at church. :thumbsup:

Great story......The White family are amazing people!

jesco-dancing-o.gif

You mean these Whites? :eek:lol:

I used to play semi-pro baseball (Tennessee,Alabama, Georgia) in the Tri state league in Chattanooga with both Charlie and Al White..both were outstanding athletes like Reggie.

VN Store

Back