AJ should be remembered

I have as my computer screen background the photo of AJ flying horizontal over Florida's offensive line just before crashing down on Driskel with the ball. It's a great photo of a phenomenal athlete.

If he turns out to be guilty of rape, he needs to pay a heavy price. For now, he is innocent (it's an American value) and I wish him the very best through this ordeal and in life beyond it, however it turns out.

Reactions: 5 people
I have as my computer screen background the photo of AJ flying horizontal over Florida's offensive line just before crashing down on Driskel with the ball. It's a great photo of a phenomenal athlete.

If he turns out to be guilty of rape, he needs to pay a heavy price. For now, he is innocent (it's an American value) and I wish him the very best through this ordeal and in life beyond it, however it turns out.

If he isn't guilty, of course.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to hold out for a verdict. I did enjoy his progression his final season but if found guilty with the off the field stuff, it negates it in my book.

If he isn't guilty, of course.

I actually wish him well through the ordeal and beyond, innocent or guilty. As noted, he needs to pay a heavy price if guilty. But we can believe someone deserves severe punishment for a horrible wrong and still wish the best for them: for example, that they grow and learn, earn forgiveness, redeem themselves, and add value to society afterward.

Of course, right now he IS innocent, that's a central tenet of American justice. And as long as he's innocent, I'm not condemning him.

Reactions: 14 people
I hope that he is truly innocent and can have a successful future in the NFL. If guilty, he should pay for his mistakes like anyone else. If found innocent, I'm hoping the athletic department will bring him back for a future game giving him a chance to be honored in front of the Neyland faithful for all he gave to the Vols football program.

Rape is a serious offense and should come with serious consequences if found guilty, but I also believe those who falsely accuse someone of the crime should be held accountable in a court of law also. Not saying AJ is guilty/not guilty at this point, but his future is taking a major hit with these charges, and if it's found to be a false accusation then the girl should be held accountable with consequences too.

Reactions: 5 people
I actually wish him well through the ordeal and beyond, innocent or guilty. As noted, he needs to pay a heavy price if guilty. But we can believe someone deserves severe punishment for a horrible wrong and still wish the best for them: for example, that they grow and learn, earn forgiveness, redeem themselves, and add value to society afterward.

Of course, right now he IS innocent, that's a central tenet of American justice. And as long as he's innocent, I'm not condemning him.

I salute you and your kindness . All too often emotion keeps us from remembering one of the foundations of our country ' Innocent until proven guilty ' . I also agree , that no matter what the verdict and punishment , I wish the best for the guy .

I know nothing about the rape situation. So until evidence is presented thar proves AJ is guilty, I will not consider him a criminal.

What I DO know about AJ and what I CAN say as a fact is that AJ is a great guy with a huge heart.

My 15-year-old cousin was accidentally shot in the leg by his father (my uncle) 2 years ago on a hunting trip (He was almost 13 at the time.) He narrowly escaped death but his leg was amputated at the knee. Needless to say, both my cousin and my uncle were devastated.

I reached out to the team on Twitter (Both my cousin and my uncle are die-hard VFLs) Mo Couch and AJ both called my cousin in the hospital. AJ still talks to them from time to time to this day.

He helped my cousin stay motivated during rehabilitation and helped keep my uncle's head up in the months that followed the accident. Mo Couch has done the same.

So no matter the outcome of the rape case, I will eternally be grateful to both men.

Reactions: 23 people
I agree with all you. I still wonder how the Iowa Bowl game would have been if AJ was in at MLB. Iowa doesn't now what they missed!

I just wish they would take this to the GJ already and get it over with. If he's guilty, he should pay for his crime. If he's innocent, his name needs to be cleared. Whichever it is, it needs to be done.

It doesn't matter. In today's world when associated with this you'll always be guilty no matter the verdict in some folks eyes.

Reactions: 3 people
Who starts a thread with a title like ":insert random name: should be remembered" like they died or something!?

He's not dead.

This has dragged on way too long. In my opinion the criminal justice system has failed everyone involved to this point in time.

Reactions: 3 people
Last edited:
If convicted, he's no better than the the Vandy thugs who committed the same crime, regardless of his play on the field. Hope it's not the case, he seemed to really love being a Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm afraid that, innocent or guilty, the damage is done.
Thanks AJ. I raise a glass to a heck of a player. I hope it works out for you. :peace2:

GO VOLS!

I'm afraid that, innocent or guilty, the damage is done.
Thanks AJ. I raise a glass to a heck of a player. I hope it works out for you. :peace2:

GO VOLS!

I agree with this. No matter what the outcome, once you get the rapist/sexual assault tag put on you, it will follow you for life, even if you are innocent. That is unfortunate, but that is the reality of the situation.

In the past 2 years , he went from a good to great tackler... If he got his hands on you... You were on the ground

As far as I'm concerned, AJ will be remembered depending on the verdict.

....and if found guilty then I hope....
Quotation-Metallica-justice-Meetville-Quotes-36672.jpg

RVO03Kv.gif

VN Store

Back