Josh Smith Calls Out the Quitters

snapcracklepop

He tweeted:

"Why would you wanna leave TN..?"

"If I commit, I'm committed."

Sounds like a true brown noser!!

Jk! I love it. Tell it like it is big guy! I look for a productive year from him next year.

Go Vols! Get Richmond!

Reactions: 22 people
He tweeted:

"Why would you wanna leave TN..?"

"If I commit, I'm committed."

Sounds like a true brown noser!!

Jk! I love it. Tell it like it is big guy! I look for a productive year from him next year.

Go Vols! Get Richmond!

Brown noser? Sounds more like a man to me. Really starting to like this kid.

Reactions: 45 people
To play devils advocate when guys get recruited over and they REALLY want to play football or their future is hanging onto that 1% chance of making it into the NFL for a year or two..they probably will go somewhere to play and get exposure.

Reactions: 13 people
To us, it is a game. To them, it is their future. I thank them for coming to Tennessee, and wish them well wherever they end up.

Reactions: 31 people
Really? List is shorter of who didn't. Ahh, just kidding.

Rumored that Wharton, Jenkins, King and Sawyers all want out. That's after Miller, Payne, Scott and Helm already left.

Can't blame King at this point. Would hate to lose any of the other three. Not sure Jenkins will ever get significant playing time though.

To us, it is a game. To them, it is their future. I thank them for coming to Tennessee, and wish them well wherever they end up.

agree 100% each kid has to do what is best for them

lets give josh smith a lot of credit and not forget this is a kid who had an up and down 2013 with the drops. he could have quit but instead worked hard and earned his PT. Nice to see

Reactions: 5 people
"If I commit, I'm committed".

Tell that to Marques Ford. He THOUGHT he was committed.

If it's ok for the coaches to be ruthless, don't bash a kid for looking out for himself.

Jmo

Reactions: 34 people
image.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

If it's ok for the coaches to be ruthless, don't bash a kid for looking out for himself.

Jmo

I second this. Hard to blame a kid for looking for a better opportunity if our staff is looking for better opportunities over the kids we have committed. I agree that's part of college football but don't be hard on one side....and not the other.

Reactions: 1 person
To play devils advocate when guys get recruited over and they REALLY want to play football or their future is hanging onto that 1% chance of making it into the NFL for a year or two..they probably will go somewhere to play and get exposure.

As opposed to working harder and actually earning the playing time.

Reactions: 2 people

Jmo

I agree to a point, but CBJ and staff can't seem to do anything right in your eyes. There's a difference in being the voice of reason, and just plain negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
I agree to a point, but CBJ and staff can't seem to do anything right in your eyes. There's a difference in be a song the voice of reason, and just plain negative.

He does some things I like and some I don't. I suppose the difference between me and some others is I don't mind discussing the stuff that's not all sunshine and rainbows. I chime in on ALOT of positives. If you like to ignore those, it's cool.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back