Rushing The Field At Neyland

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
When was the last time we rushed the field at Neyland? Wilhoit's FG in 2004 over Florida? Can't be that long can it? I honestly can't remember the last time it happened. I'm not talking about half-arsed storming the field and some minor mid-field celebrations after a close win. I'm talkin about people getting injured, pushing over security guards to rip off a piece of the endzone type rushing the field. When is the last time that happened? Need someone to refresh my memory. TIA :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
When was the last time we rushed the field at Neyland? Wilhoit's FG in 2004 over Florida? Can't be that long can it? I honestly can't remember the last time it happened. I'm not talking about half-arsed storming the field and some minor mid-field celebrations after a close win. I'm talkin about people getting injured, pushing over security guards to rip off a piece of the endzone type rushing the field. When is the last time that happened? Need someone to refresh my memory. TIA :hi:

98 vs Florida.

Reactions: 7 people
There hasn't been much rushing on our field for a LOOOONNNGGG time... by any running back on our team at least.:crazy:

Last edited:
Weve one 1 national title the last 63 years yet we should expect championships? If you say so...

fightin-words.png

It was very merited in 98 against Florida. Everyone there realized we had probably just won the National Championship. And we did.

Personally, I am not a big fan of rushing the field. We are TENNESSEE! We should EXPECT championships!

Well yeah I agree on the not rushing the field part...the reason I ask is because I'm pretty sure Ole Miss has rushed the field multiple times in the last few years. Also LSU and Kentucky did it this past year. Just seemed kind of dumb to be rushing the field so much. It should only be reserved for the very best of wins (even then, if it's not to help us a Playoff berth I don't really want to rush the field).

Scenario: 2016, we are undefeated about to face an undefeated #1 Bama team. We take them to a ridiculous OT thriller. In the final play of the game Bama misses the FG to tie the game and Tennessee wins. Do we rush the field? I think I would!

IMO the field is being rushed the next time we beat Bama and UF at home. Just because of how painfully long those streaks have been.

Reactions: 3 people
Me and all the other REAL vfl's stormed the field after we won the National title in paintball. Shame more people don't come out to support the PaintVols. Also we stormed the lake after the bass fishing team beat Kentucky.

I don't recall people rushing the field in 2004 vs UF. However, I was on the field in 1998 vs UF and it was glorious. We have been down for so long, I'm down with doing it.

If the Vols and Bama are both undefeated in 2016 when we play and we finally beat them, then the field will get rushed.

If the Vols and Bama are both undefeated in 2016 when we play and we finally beat them, then the field will get rushed.

lol thanks. I had pretty good imagery of Johnny Bravo storming the field and telling everyone "Do the monkey wit me!" there for a minute :)

Nothing beats the 1982 rush after the Bama game. I bought a T shirt the next day that said "We beat bama and the bear $hit". It was one for the scrapbook.

Reactions: 2 people
Well yeah I agree on the not rushing the field part...the reason I ask is because I'm pretty sure Ole Miss has rushed the field multiple times in the last few years. Also LSU and Kentucky did it this past year. Just seemed kind of dumb to be rushing the field so much. It should only be reserved for the very best of wins (even then, if it's not to help us a Playoff berth I don't really want to rush the field).

Scenario: 2016, we are undefeated about to face an undefeated #1 Bama team. We take them to a ridiculous OT thriller. In the final play of the game Bama misses the FG to tie the game and Tennessee wins. Do we rush the field? I think I would!

Didn't UK rush the field a few years ago against LSU...and then lost?

VN Store

Back