Ex VFL Arian Foster at it again

Should Foster lose his VFL status?

• Total voters

tennesseeduke

Someone please make him stop! What an idiot!! :thud:

NFL star and former University of Tennessee running back Arian Foster reiterated his claim that he was illegally paid by boosters during his playing time in Knoxville during an interview on a radio show, this time saying that he accepted approximately $40,000 to $50,000 at UT from 2004-08.

"You have people help you out here and there," Foster said Thursday on the Dan LeBatard show. "Boosters and alumni and ex-players, they all know how it is, man. It's hard living check to check when you don't have enough money to go out to the movies or any kind of leisure activity. And you're not allowed to get a job. Especially when I was in college, they were a lot more stringent on those rules, so at any given chance I got the opportunity, I took a free handout. Absolutely."

Foster has claimed before that he was paid. In 2013, he was interviewed for a documentary called "Schooled: The Price of College Sports."

"I don't know if this will throw us into an NCAA investigation — my senior year, I was getting money on the side," Foster said then. "I really didn't have any money. I had to either pay the rent or buy some food. I remember the feeling of like, ‘Man, be careful.' But there's nothing wrong with it. And you're not going to convince me that there is something wrong with it. ... There were plenty of times where throughout the month I didn't have enough for food. Our stadium had like 107,000 seats; 107,000 people buying a ticket to come watch us play. It's tough just like knowing that, being aware of that."

Arian Foster says he accepted

:blink:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 3 people
Why does anyone care? It ain't a secret that players get paid at many schools, and even if he didn't, this was years ago at this point. Move on.

Reactions: 4 people
He still holds grudge against UT fans. I know we blasted him as "Fumbling Foster" but he needs man up and let it go.

Reactions: 8 people
We sure didn't get our money's worth.

Anybody else feeling buyer's remorse?

Last edited:
Reactions: 36 people
Also, wanna know why he was a "risky pick?" Fulmer and Clawson took the most talented RB on the roster, gave him 11-13 touches per game and devalued his draft stock to zero.

Reactions: 3 people
I would love to see an investigation so They could force him to backup his claims. This is the same guy who said he had to call the coaches to bring him food.

I would like to know what percentage of his NFL salary he gives to poor starving college players.

Funny how people knock fosters contributions but back Karl. It's like you don't even watch games

$40k over 4 years isn't going to be obvious

lol

"I got paid $40-50k over 4 years but was so broke and hungry I had to have a coach driving a Mercedes deliver me 80 tacos"

He doesn't look the least bit malnourished in any pictures I've seen of him when he was at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't implicate the coaches or the university, clarifying that at no time did coaches ever give him money, so his comments are a non-issue to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, for the record: I have no idea if his statement re: $40K is true or not, and neither does anyone else not named Arian Foster.

VN Store

Back