Sanford or Debord?

Who do you want Butch Jones to select as next Tennessee OC?

• Total voters
The person making the hire has considerably more Div I coaching experience than I do.:crazy: Common sense tells me that as an organization, the UT Football Family should let the one with most experience make that decision.

Go on the record.
Sanford and Son

tumblr_moxfswPSyC1r986t6o1_400.gif

Reactions: 7 people
I trust Butch. So far he has done nothing to make me think he will nothing but the best for TN

Reactions: 3 people
The person making the hire has considerably more Div I coaching experience than I do.:crazy: Common sense tells me that as an organization, the UT Football Family should let the one with most experience make that decision.
People in his position tend to have a bad habit of hiring old cronies, too...just to repay an old debt. That's the ONLY reason DeBoring is even in the picture.

Reactions: 1 person
Hire both of them and boot Mahoney.
I could get get back on Debord the Butch Bandwagon, with that move. But not Debord as OC. He is simply out of work, and wants Butch to repay the favor he once gave Butch. Not a legit reason to make the hire, period.

I don't know if it's either one if these guys. Why wait to announce Debord?
Why would Sanford leave Boise after turning down tOSU?

Maybe Butch has interviewed someone we don't know about. According to other threads, Canada is staying put, and a staff memeber told someone the new OC was older and had experience. Maybe the first rumor about Tressel is true.

Maybe Butch has interviewed someone we don't know about. According to other threads, Canada is staying put, and a staff memeber told someone the new OC was older and had experience. Maybe the first rumor about Tressel is true.

These are now on sale at the Bookstore. Foreshadowing?
vest.png

Tressell is an intriguing name. Hadn't thought about that one yet. But no. Butch feels obligated to help get his old HC back on his feet, and that's really the end of the story with this hire.

Butch knows that formally announcing De'Boring as the OC will trigger a major meltdown (already begun to some degree) and he already feels the blowback from it.

That's why he basically chastised the whole fanbase for questioning it and politely told us to funk off.

Butch Jones: 'The fans want you to hire a résumé and all that, but...'

He doesn't want the meltdown to occur before NSD to hurt the recruiting class.

I don't know what to do here. I want to select two options. Do you have a tech support #?

Will Vince Dooley think about coming out of retirement?

maybe Fulmer?

I'd choose the young gun. Looking at Boise State's offense last year, they regularly put up 50, 60 points up on the scoreboard including Utah State.

Between the 2....Sanford....but I trust Butch to hire the right guy.
I don't. I mean imagine your old boss calls you on the phone and says:

"Hey, Buddy...remember when I had the Head Coaching job at Central Michigan? Yeah...good times, right? And remember when I took a big risk in offering you the OC job, there? Well, now the shoe is on the other foot, and daddy's out of work, needing a job. How about helping your old pal out, hey Buddy?

A 33 year old who just coached the #14 offense in America vs. a 58 year old who never finished higher than #36 in offense. Ya gotta believe me.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back