Vols to Play ETSU in 2018

Well.......thats an easy win at least. :blink:

Last edited:
Big win, unless they have a backup qb, or a receiver named cooper.

Reactions: 11 people
And this is a great thing. Not any different than playing a team like Austin Peay. I am glad to see ETSU football come back.

Reactions: 13 people
I think ETSU football returning is a poor decision, but if we're going to pay ~1mil for a game, it might as well be with an instate school.

Reactions: 1 person
You knew it would happen. If the other FCS teams like Austin Peay, UTC and Vanderbilt played us, ETSU can't exactly go ignored.

True but if we're going to get to choose we can find a cupcake that will put up a fight. Unfortunately the Sec dictates we have to play Vandy too

You knew it would happen. If the other FCS teams like Austin Peay, UTC and Vanderbilt played us, ETSU can't exactly go ignored.

Yes they can. This is going to kill our strength of schedule and if we are having a good year, might keep us from playing for a NC. This is a wasted game. It is a waste of money, will not help the team one bit and might screw us at the end of the year all because of Phil, this is crazy. Play Tiger high or MTSU, WKU, or some team that is at least a FBS team.

Nice dig at vandy though. SEC rules require all East teams to play them once a year and two from the west, that is beyond our control.

If I was the coach at ETSU, I would recruit anyone named Cooper who played any sport. Might not work out, but it may be worth the chance with a new program.

They should go ahead and wear their secondary "blue and orange" jerseys for that game. We'd be doomed with all that against us.

Nice dig at vandy though. SEC rules require all East teams to play them once a year and two from the west, that is beyond our control.

Yes dear, I'm well aware of the rules in SEC conference play...

And playing an FCS team won't stop a team from going to the playoffs.

Such a useless game

I agree, I do not attend these games. I know many people will and I know it is good for ETSU, but I believe big time college programs should be playing each other. If we had a real playoff, teams would not be scheduling these types of games. I wish we would never play a FCS team again.

Lol, this one will be as bad as when ETSU played Auburn back in the day.

Yes they can. This is going to kill our strength of schedule and if we are having a good year, might keep us from playing for a NC. This is a wasted game. It is a waste of money, will not help the team one bit and might screw us at the end of the year all because of Phil, this is crazy. Play Tiger high or MTSU, WKU, or some team that is at least a FBS team.

There is no way playing 1 game vs a FCS team will keep us out of the playoff if we run the table in the SEC. Not a chance.

Reactions: 4 people
I live 15 minutes from ETSU always pulled for them but I am a Tennessee fan and think it is a good ideal. ETSU is not going to compete but would be a great paycheck on building their program.

VN Store

Back