OC announcement presser date

When does CBJ have the presser for OC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because I think CBJ always looks at keeping UT in the spot light he will wait to pull the trigger, how many times do you think this will come up after we sign the #1 recruiting class. I got Feb 6

If it is a splash hire, i hope it is the day before signing day. that will put us on the front page of news.

If it is not a splash hire, hope it is after NSD.

Feb 1 - Sunday, Shhh the start of quite time.
Feb 2 - Shhh, Its quite time for recruiting would this be the day.
Feb 3 - Shhh, still quite on Rocky Top because excitement is growing.

I usually don't care about typos or whatever, and I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, but given it was done 3 times in a row, just thought I'd let you know it's quiet, not quite.

Reactions: 12 people
I usually don't care about typos or whatever, and I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, but given it was done 3 times in a row, just thought I'd let you know it's quiet, not quite.

Ehh...Not quite...yet lol

OP you did not even give me the option that I would vote for which is after Feb 6th. I do not think he will anounce before signing day, and we are going to have such a GREAT signing day that I do not see the showman in him upstaging all the good the press from the recruiting class. I think he bask in the after glow of the recruiting class for QUIET sometime. Then as press from that dies down he will announce OC and have our name back on ESPN during a slow news time. We all feel he timed out recruiting commitments during his first season to offset losses on the field. This just sounds like something he would plan out to get the max publicity out of it for name recognition for the VOLS. We have waited for QUITE sometime now it will be over soon enough.

OP: Just messin' with you on the QUITE thing, I am the worlds worst at spelling and grammar.

Reactions: 1 person
If it is a splash hire, i hope it is the day before signing day. that will put us on the front page of news.

If it is not a splash hire, hope it is after NSD.

CBJ already indicated this will not be a splash (or resume) hire. Focus on the consecutive recruiting classes. It would take a sunseri-like hire to screw up the talent we have coming in

I say do it on NSD. ESPNU will already be on campus. Having the new guy sitting at the war room table would be alright.

I like it. It gets the power T even more visibility on what will likely already be a great day for the vols. Butch's timing has been discussed at length, so this wouldn't surprise me

I'm not trying to bust your balls... But let me bust em for a sec :)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
When does CBJ have the presser for OC
Jan 30 - Really, the start of a hot weekend of #Richmond to the hill.
Jan 31 - No way, CBJ would never take the flame away from the recruits.
Feb 1 - Sunday, Shhh the start of quite time.
Feb 2 - Shhh, Its quite time for recruiting would this be the day.
Feb 3 - Shhh, still quite on Rocky Top because excitement is growing.
Feb 4 - NO WAY, too much time in front of ESPN and the fax machine.
Feb 5 - Is this the day after we announce #1 recruiting class
Feb 6 - Would CBJ make us wait this long.

d1oohy1.gif

I cannot believe this is a poll topic. A coaching search does odd things to this place.

I second OrangeByBirth's comment.

VN Store

Back