What's next? The OC search..

CNeagleVolFan

It sounds like butch was not lying when he said there were some great candidates that were interested in tennessee. Noel Mazzone, Clay Helton, Matt Canada, mike Sanford, and then not so popular names such as Kurt roper and Mike DeBord. Out of these names I think Canada is the man for the job. With what he did with Jacoby brissett, and how well that nc state offense looked I can't argue with that. Mazzone would be best but it's probably out of the price range. Offer 700,000 to canada and call it a day, because he is the right guy for OC @ Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't understand all the love for Canada. His offense was 54th in the country. When he took over, two years ago, NC State was 44th. In eight years as an OC, he's had a top 40 offense once.

Why would you give that guy that kind of money?

Reactions: 4 people
I cant wait for whats next! I am so pumped about finally finding out who our OC is!!:)

Definitely agree! Hubbs just said on the radio that mike Sanford is the other potential candidate alone with debord. Hopefully it is Sanford if it's between he and debord. I'd be good with Sanford as well as Canada.

I don't understand all the love for Canada. His offense was 54th in the country. When he took over, two years ago, NC State was 44th. In eight years as an OC, he's had a top 40 offense once.

Why would you give that guy that kind of money?

Well you also have to look at the guys he has inherited in the past, because I mean come on NC State isn't exactly a juggernaut normally.

Reactions: 1 person
uhhh, its gonna be DeBord and he's waiting till after NSD so the fan base and recruits don't implode... if true, he better hope things work out, or things will start to unravel slowly

uhhh, its gonna be DeBord and he's waiting till after NSD so the fan base and recruits don't implode... if true, he better hope things work out, or things will start to unravel slowly

No offense but I do hope your wrong lol. With all these other candidates that fit more I'd be a little disappointed with the hire.

Well you also have to look at the guys he has inherited in the past, because I mean come on NC State isn't exactly a juggernaut normally.

How many excuses does he get? We aren't talking about one or two years here. 8 years and one top 40 finish. Both NC State and Wisconsin had higher rated offenses before he took over. Wouldn't you rather have a guy who clearly overachieves? For $700,000 I would expect more than a "well, he didn't have very good stats but [insert excuse here]" guy. How well does that usually end up working out?

So why hold until after NSD? Is it because players would decommit and not sign based on who the OC is? Im hoping he is taking his time to make sure he has the right person in place.

So why hold until after NSD? Is it because players would decommit and not sign based on who the OC is? Im hoping he is taking his time to make sure he has the right person in place.

I really hope it's announced this weekend. I think he's had plenty of time to interview and deliberate on who wants. I really would like to know who it is this weekend.

If the recruits have not flipped by now, with no OC named. They must believe in Butch and are coming for the right reasons. They trust Coach to make the right hire for them. JMO

Reactions: 2 people
How many excuses does he get? We aren't talking about one or two years here. 8 years and one top 40 finish. Both NC State and Wisconsin had higher rated offenses before he took over. Wouldn't you rather have a guy who clearly overachieves? For $700,000 I would expect more than a "well, he didn't have very good stats but [insert excuse here]" guy. How well does that usually end up working out?

Here's the thing . He knows how to RUN THE BALL and get the most out of qb . Running teams eat a lot of clock . less times for each side to score . No quick strike just pound then throw deep every now and then. Bout what we've been wanting to do. When you do this correctly you may dominate a good team and still have only 400 yards of O# .

Here's the thing . He knows how to RUN THE BALL and get the most out of qb . Running teams eat a lot of clock . less times for each side to score . No quick strike just pound then throw deep every now and then. Bout what we've been wanting to do. When you do this correctly you may dominate a good team and still have only 400 yards of O# .

That is a very good point, and last time I checked NC state's offense performed better than ours last year. He has way more weapons if he came to UT as well. Who knows though, because we know until that first game how good our new OC will be whoever he is lol.

If the recruits have not flipped by now, with no OC named. They must believe in Butch and are coming for the right reasons. They trust Coach to make the right hire for them. JMO

That brings a valid point...with our offensive guys coming in and not de-committing, do they know who the OC is??

It has to be Sanford. His daughters name is Peyton. It is fate.

My youngest daughters middle name is Peyton, I'll do the job for half the money! Plus I'm undefeated on tecmo Superbowl! Never been beat!

Butch has made it clear that he want's someone to come in and continue the system that is currently in place. Why would we up the OC budget for a hotshot (Canada, Norvell, Helton, Mazzone) and expect them to come to the University of Tennessee Volunteers and take a backseat to Butch's offense. Might as well promote ZA and pay to bring in a good QB coach.

Butch has two more days of hard recruiting, then February 1st through 5th is the dead period. I think the new OC will be announced on February 1st.

VN Store

Back