So it's not a current college coach?

Dougie_D

CBJ said that the "announcement" of his hire won't be until after he finishes his recruiting before NSD.

If that's the case, I would assume it's not a college guy, right?

What OC from another school would not tell his current school he's leaving? Or what OC wouldn't suddenly bolt and start recruiting for TN?

Makes me wonder if it's really DeBord afterall.

Reactions: 1 person
How about an OC who doesn't want to endanger their recruiting?

Per CBJ, they weren't goint to announce Bajakian's departure until after NSD, but someone with Tampa Bay leaked it.

Don't know, but it's another explanation.

Why shake things up when all the mo is going our way in recruiting. It could still be a college coordinator and I don't care if he does screw over his old school as long as we put up some points is all I care.

CBJ said that the "announcement" of his hire won't be until after he finishes his recruiting before NSD.

If that's the case, I would assume it's not a college guy, right?

What OC from another school would not tell his current school he's leaving? Or what OC wouldn't suddenly bolt and start recruiting for TN?

Makes me wonder if it's really DeBord afterall.

He never said it would be after signing day..Finebaum asked if Vol fans could expect hire by a few days after signing day..Meaning at the latest thats when it will be announced.

He never said it would be after signing day..Finebaum asked if Vol fans could expect hire by a few days after signing day..Meaning at the latest thats when it will be announced.

Brent Hubbs: "Butch hasn't announced OC hire because he's focused on finishing this recruiting class with less than a week til signing day"

It could be that he is pretty busy at the moment.

Reactions: 3 people
Brent Hubbs: "Butch hasn't announced OC hire because he's focused on finishing this recruiting class with less than a week til signing day"

It could be that he is pretty busy at the moment.

This is how I understand it. OC will not be hired until at least the beginning of the NSD dead period (Monday).

I knew it.....it's Lane Kiffen. I saw Layla wearing one of those little orange crop tops yesterday. Oh, wait....that was Lane. Never mind.

Screw it, let's fire Dooley again.

Reactions: 7 people
Guys, it's going to be DeBord. Just accept it and learn to be okay with it.

Yeah we should just be happy with another Dooley hire. You can be happy all you want. There are some of us who will not be happy about it. Accept that and learn to be okay with it.

Reactions: 11 people
lol

"We're making such a bad hire, we're announcing it after NSD so it doesn't mess up our class. We'll just blame it on the fans."

I mean, how dare we want a guy that has been an Offensive Coordinator in the last 8 years and has at least been coaching something in the last 3.

Stupid illogical fans. Stupid fans with their ridiculous ceiling. Stupid fans, it's all their fault.

Because once a kid essentially signs his future with UT and finds out this what-the-cat-dragged-in hire is determining their future... we don't think they'll just be rats off the ship?

Rats off the ship isn't even a good enough comparision. They'd be rats off the sub. Just surfaced long enough for everyone to get off before it sinks itself again.

And it's all our fault, apparently. It's our fault, as fans, for creating one of the coolest damned homefields in CFB history with the Florida game only to have our inept offense lose. But it's our fault Bajina left UT, I'm guessing.

Maybe some of you old toads should just go find another log to croak from.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
My guess....will hire DeBord in some capacity but not as OC.....Azzani moves to OC, Elder coaches TEs and WRs....Nick Sheridan, who they're very high on, bumps up to QBs coach. Don't "know" anything, just a guess.

I don't have any sources like some claim, but a girl at the gym was telling me she gets "bored" on the treadmeal. That could be a sign, she gets bored, we get DeBord? That's as reliable as some of the guarantees I've seen on here.

Man Debord must be like the worst OC choice ever. If we hadn't had to live through Clawson would we even care? We are running the same offense people! It will be okay!

My guess....will hire DeBord in some capacity but not as OC.....Azzani moves to OC, Elder coaches TEs and WRs....Nick Sheridan, who they're very high on, bumps up to QBs coach. Don't "know" anything, just a guess.

I wouldn't have an issue with any of that.

I don't have any sources like some claim, but a girl at the gym was telling me she gets "bored" on the treadmeal. That could be a sign, she gets bored, we get DeBord? That's as reliable as some of the guarantees I've seen on here.

Did you check her stats?

Man Debord must be like the worst OC choice ever. If we hadn't had to live through Clawson would we even care? We are running the same offense people! It will be okay!

This just in: proper scouting, coaching, playcalling and gameplans don't matter.

Reactions: 2 people
How about an OC who doesn't want to endanger their recruiting?

Per CBJ, they weren't goint to announce Bajakian's departure until after NSD, but someone with Tampa Bay leaked it.

Don't know, but it's another explanation.

Damnit boy! (thought that was my name for for awhile!)

VN Store

Back