Latest on AJ Johnson

austin_vol

What's going on here? I feel like this has been drug out wayyyy to long. Has to start hurting chances of getting drafted soon

Reactions: 2 people
What's going on here? I feel like this has been drug out wayyyy to long. Has to start hurting chances of getting drafted soon

if you could have added the question mark to your thread title, it would have saved me the time to click on it and type this post :) I have no idea other than the grand jury was supposed to be meeting again this week

Reactions: 29 people
I have no idea other than the grand jury was supposed to be meeting again this week

I have been out of touch the past couple weeks. Anybody got a clue when they paneled a new grand jury? Was supposed to be sometime after the first of the year.

ferris-bueller-boring.png

Mueller? Mueller?

Reactions: 28 people
I hope your enthusiasm is out of compassion for the victim and not just because "Vandy got in trouble"

I think that anyone who knows the details of this vicious assault are greatly appreciative of the justice that was served, regardless of team affiliation. They put that poor girl through something that no person should ever have to go through.

The way this investigation was run was very thorough and the verdict was a wake up call for all universities that this will not be tolerated.

Hopefully this will deter any further abuse of powerless victims in Tennessee and around the nation.

Reactions: 11 people
He will not get drafted.

Unless he is proven 1000% innocent until then.

then maybe a 7th round pick. damage done. I work in the draft buiz sorta.. AJ was a day 2 prospect BEFORE this. Was never getting into the first round. Too many edge rushers and wr's in particular this year.

unfortunate.

Case has not been presented to the grand jury yet. The DA's office has about a 2 year back log on cases. They are attending to cases first that have someone sitting in jail right now. Those are priority over cases where the alleged suspects are still out of jail. Don't be surprised if this many months from going to GJ.

AJ is in South Florida working out for NFL draft

Reactions: 1 person
I hope your enthusiasm is out of compassion for the victim and not just because "Vandy got in trouble"

One thing I am stoked for in this handing out justice.. These boys will get everything in prison that they did to that young lady.. they deserve it. Only problem is, there are no cameras around to capture the loving moments Rock and Bruno are going to enjoy at their expense.. It's gonna be a long time for them....:thumbsup:

UT rape case suspects, alleged victim not enrolled

Just saw this as well. Nothing really telling about Johnson, but interesting that neither of the other involved parties enrolled this semester either.

Good news all around. We know AJ graduated and is training for the combine.

He will not get drafted.

Unless he is proven 1000% innocent until then.

then maybe a 7th round pick. damage done. I work in the draft buiz sorta.. AJ was a day 2 prospect BEFORE this. Was never getting into the first round. Too many edge rushers and wr's in particular this year.

unfortunate.

He'll get drafted regardless of the outcome.

Good news all around. We know AJ graduated and is training for the combine.

He'll get drafted regardless of the outcome.

Sounds just like the Vandy players. He may get lucky and the woman he raped will refuse to testify for a chunk of his change that he gets from the NFL.

Sounds just like the Vandy players. He may get lucky and the woman he raped will refuse to testify for a chunk of his change that he gets from the NFL.

Ok, so you're already laying blame despite the facts or the lack there of. Good to know that you're a deep thinker.

Reactions: 5 people

You sound like you have first-hand knowledge to offer in this case, and it is expected that you would have presented such to the authorities.

Otherwise ...

I tend to lean toward a guilty couple of dudes......if this was cut and dry a false accusation wouldn't this have been dismissed quicker?

Reactions: 3 people
I hope the University is putting pressure on Knoxville to shat or get off the pot. It would be nice to see it moving one way or another before this season starts. :hi::lolabove:

Wow. Someone has pre-judged this. "The woman he raped" May get "lucky". Whether it is the former Vandy players, Jameis or Mike Tyson the system will sort this out. The backlog should not impact this. If the case is strong it will be presented. If it is not it will be drug out, not presented by the DAG or no billed by the GJ. The No Bill would be best for AJ as it likely puts this as behind him as it gets. The fact there is still no indictment works in his favor.

It's absoltely ridiculous how long this case is taking. From HS to his time at UT, AJ was a great STUDENT-athlete. Unfortunate if this case is true, but I can't help but feel bad if he is innocent. This is riding on his entire future.

VN Store

Back