Matt Canada

Interesting read although I highly doubt he will be our next OC. What would make him a great hire is how he adjusts his offense to fit his QBs. No pocket passers running a read option.

Reactions: 4 people
Plus, if he proves to be a disaster, the guys from South Park already have our theme song written with "Blame Canada."

Reactions: 8 people
Good find. I could be happy with that hire. I still prefer Meacham, at TCU. I don't think we are that freakin cheap or hurting for money, to pay 700k or so, to bring him here, if that is what it took.

This GVX reporter, Dustin Dopirak, makes some good points in his GVX interview, but he's barely more informed than many members here. And he's dead wrong in his assumption that we are hurting for money are set on going the cheap route. I don't think it's prudent to try and outbid Ariz. St. for Norvell, but that doesn't mean we cannot afford to go well above 500k, if needed.

I also think he is dead wrong in assuming TCU is a better job next year than here. That is why he says Meacham is out of the question. He forgets that this roster will be loaded with more talent than TCU's. This was TCU's year to shine. They'll be good next year, but we have the inside track to win the SEC E, and that would put us one game away from the NC Playoff.

If Meachum is indeed a big reason for TCU's success, with the boatload of defensive and offensive talent coming in with this 2015 class, there is no reason we can't be the new darling in the NCAA next year.

I don't think TCU's QB, Boykin is any better than Dobbs, quite frankly. And I know they don't have the WR and RB talent we have.

Reactions: 5 people
Good find. I could be happy with that hire. I still prefer Meacham, at TCU. I don't think we are that freakin cheap or hurting for money, to pay 700k or so, to bring him here, if that is what it took.

This GVX reporter, Dustin Dopirak, makes some good points in his GVX interview, but he's barely more informed than many members here. And he's dead wrong in his assumption that we are hurting for money are set on going the cheap route. I don't think it's prudent to try and outbid Ariz. St. for Norvell, but that doesn't mean we cannot afford to go well above 500k, if needed.

I also think he is dead wrong in assuming TCU is a better job next year than here. That is why he says Meacham is out of the question. He forgets that this roster will be loaded with more talent than TCU's. This was TCU's year to shine. They'll be good next year, but we have the inside track to win the SEC E, and that would put us one game away from the NC Playoff.

If Meachum is indeed a big reason for TCU's success, with the boatload of defensive and offensive talent coming in with this 2015 class, there is no reason we can't be the new darling in the NCAA next year.

I don't think TCU's QB, Boykin is any better than Dobbs, quite frankly. And I know they don't have the WR and RB talent we have.
Great points

Reactions: 1 person
Would be a better hire than Debord
In the words of a famous philosopher and UT football player..."Most Definitely!"

19351082_SA.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not your friend, Guy

I'm going to resist saying "I'm not your guy, pal" and respond to the article.

Canada's name wasn't one I found very exciting when it first popped up, but there are a couple of things in the article that have me reconsidering him as a candidate:

1. His willingness to allow his offense to be malleable. My major point of contention with our offense this year (and last) was that we didn't seem to mold our scheme around our players; rather, we tried to force our players into "the system". I don't know if this was a conscious decision or if it was simply a lack of awareness nor do I know if it was dictated by Butch or Jake... but the fact that Canada has had success with various offensive approaches and has been willing to mold the scheme to the player's strengths is refreshing.

2. He has had success with mostly mid-level talent. I don't think he has had the collection of talent that will be at his disposal anywhere else that we can potentially field next year. He has had very good individual talents (Burner Turner, Montee Ball, etc) but not the collection we have for next year. Might be fun to see what he could do with it.

I've gone from a solid "meh" to.... OK, I could get on board with Canada. He isn't my first choice... I kinda like Helton, Meachum, and Magee better, maybe also Eddie Gran. I won't be jumping off the Henley St bridge if he is hired, though.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back