You love your family but don't always agree with them

VOLorNuttin

So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

Why do they HAVE to fall in line, and never question anything the coaches say or do, at any point until or unless they are fired?

It never fails....NEVER, EVER....if a fan expresses a concern/opinion here on a fan forum, expressly for the purpose of sharing OPINIONS, they inevitably get blasted with the same ole "who are you to question the coaches?" response.

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo4_400.gif

....And from the same folks.

There are extremes on both ends of the argument...extreme homers and extremely negative posters. But simply expressing some concern will always draw the same damn response, calling their fanhood into question. Good grief, folks. Can we not be a little smarter than this?

Reactions: 9 people
Why do the birds keep on singing? Don't they know it's the end of the world...aw, to heck with it. :mega_shok:
P.S. Nice post OP. :salute: :gone:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't mean this ugly...but it sounds like you care too much about what other people think. I mean a lot of people on message boards simply love to jump in and play devil's advocate to any point that "anyone" makes. They like to be heard...and like to stir the pot. If I were you...I wouldn't worry about it at all. I mean at the end of the day, none of our opinions are gonna change a thing. Lol

Meh, I don't mind a differing opinion but it needs some factual basis. If Debord is the guy and some aren't fine with it so be it but at least make sure the reasons you do not like the hire exist. Don't act like the guy didn't have immense success as an OC. The people that parrot the same ignorant rhetoric over and over make me question their agenda and thus their fanhood.

Reactions: 7 people
I call them the True Fan Police.

If you disagree with any aspect of our program and mention in a post that all may not be well, the True Fan Police will flame away. It has been that way since I have been here...and it will continue.

The NegaVols should band together and revolt...end the True Fan Police!!!!

Seriously though, anyone who is still here in spite of the crap we have seen for the past 10 years is most definitely a True Fan.

I call them the True Fan Police.

If you disagree with any aspect of our program and mention in a post that all may not be well, the True Fan Police will flame away. It has been that way since I have been here...and it will continue.

The NegaVols should band together and revolt...end the True Fan Police!!!!

Seriously though, anyone who is still here in spite of the crap we have seen for the past 10 years is most definitely a True Fan.

There's a lot of truth in this. The same true fan police that defended Dools to the bitter end are the same ones that rip him to pieces and so easily chalk up the Vols most recent struggles back to Dools whom they defended. :crazy:

It's just one big circle.

I disagree with the OP on the OC hire stuff... but he's been pretty consistent in respecting others when they've posted concerns.

My difference is still that he and others are condemning a decision that may not even be made and could be successful even if it is made.

Reactions: 1 person
There's a lot of truth in this. The same true fan police that defended Dools to the bitter end are the same ones that rip him to pieces and so easily chalk up the Vols most recent struggles back to Dools whom they defended. :crazy:

It's just one big circle.

Well I think most were just lying to themselves if they supported him after the loss to UK but in any case is there some special ribbon for crapping on your team, your coach, or your players first? I have no problem with criticism but some are very quick to throw someone under the bus and a little too persistent in their criticism.

I have to take a step away for my own personal well being sometimes, I did take a break towards the end of the Dooley era. I still watched the team but I couldn't deal with VN, just too much negativity. Basically my question is how can someone actually care about this team and be so consistently negative as some are? It would seem damaging to your longterm health.

Reactions: 3 people
I generally dislike people, but I love all of you.....and puppies.

Like DC pointed out, this is mildly incorrect. I don't care who approves of the hire, I also have no desire to see Debord hired or not.

The sudden complete destruction of the man is insane. All so some can claim to be correct.

I do hope you see the irony in a thread asking why some fans character has been questioned...
Just because the have been hell bent on needlessly destroying someone elses.

Reactions: 1 person
Like DC pointed out, this is mildly incorrect. I don't care who approves of the hire, I also have no desire to see Debord hired or not.

The sudden complete destruction of the man is insane. All so some can claim to be correct.

I do hope you see the irony in a thread asking why some fans character has been questioned...
Just because the have been hell bent on needlessly destroying someone elses.

Perfectly stated.

Well I think most were just lying to themselves if they supported him after the loss to UK but in any case is there some special ribbon for crapping on your team, your coach, or your players first? I have no problem with criticism but some are very quick to throw someone under the bus and a little too persistent in their criticism.

I have to take a step away for my own personal well being sometimes, I did take a break towards the end of the Dooley era. I still watched the team but I couldn't deal with VN, just too much negativity. Basically my question is how can someone actually care about this team and be so consistently negative as some are? It would seem damaging to your longterm health.

I agree with a lot of what you've said. There are a lot of posters that are on a roller coaster of emotion. Many of the ones that you'll find ripping the coaches after a loss were the ones predicting a double digit win on the Tues. before the game. Too many people simply let their emotions take over reality.

Prior to the bowl game, most posters pointed to 2016 as THE YEAR. After the bowl game, those same people have 9 wins circled on the schedule for next season. Why? Because of a win over Iowa?

I know it's just fandom, but some take it from one extreme to the other.

So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

Why do they HAVE to fall in line, and never question anything the coaches say or do, at any point until or unless they are fired?

It never fails....NEVER, EVER....if a fan expresses a concern/opinion here on a fan forum, expressly for the purpose of sharing OPINIONS, they inevitably get blasted with the same ole "who are you to question the coaches?" response.

There are extremes on both ends of the argument...extreme homers and extremely negative posters. But simply expressing some concern will always draw the same damn response, calling their fanhood into question. Good grief, folks. Can we not be a little smarter than this?

I say question the coaches all you want, criticize away, they are fair game and it is part of the job. What I take exception to is when someone then points at another fan who doesn't voice their criticisms and tells them they just accept mediocrity and are okay with 7 wins etc. The deal works both ways. Just because I might not be as vocal in my criticism doesn't necessarily mean that I'm okay with a lack of success. Similarly, just because someone voices their criticism it doesn't mean they aren't fans.

It's not the "some concern" posts that gets the response you're bemoaning...it's the "I'm done!"..."This is the end of Butch"..."You sunshine pumpers can watch this crap,I'm not!"...and when the move or hire works out, you scurry back. You're a fan...YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! It gets tiresome listening to the groans and lamentations from the braintrust whose collective solution to coaching turnover was to throw extra millions at Gruden...and if he said no?...MORE MILLIONS. Unrealistic huffing and puffing doesn't solve anything. I fervently hope we don't end up in that hopeless state we were in at the end of the Dooley era. I think that the energy and recruiting we've witnessed so far should allow Butch the patience to search for the guy he's trusting to run his offense...without the squawking from the gallows. :scare:

Reactions: 7 people
I'd be in the "fall in line" camp simply because I don't have access to all the information the coaches do. I can't see Butch hiring somebody that jeopardizes the hard work he's put in.

If I'm Butch (and I'm not), I couldn't care less about public opinion. I want the man who best fills the need on my staff and in my locker room, period.

Reactions: 4 people
So, why is it that people take such offense to someone whom they do not know voicing, or typing, their disagreement with an opinion? I can never understand someone getting "worked up" because I don't agree with them and say so............grab a pair man...I ain't your Momma.:)

For instance, I have a little brother. He has been my brother, according to Momma, for nearly 56 years. Love the boy dearly, however the only time we agree on anything is if he needs a cosigner or cash. Go figure........:crazy:

Last edited:
I generally dislike people, but I love all of you.....and puppies.

That is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!
You don't know what you're talking about. There are those on VN that have no business, nor do they want to be loved. Why do you come on here spewing that crap about Love?? And Puppies...........they'll go as far as to crap all over you and your house....

I say to HECK with the entire canine population.

Take your opinion and go to another site that might care...

giveadamnmeter.png

too much??

VN Store

Back